chapter 1 ☕☺️

The light danced through the gap in the drapes, illuminating the far wall that was covered in beautiful pastel colors that give a peaceful and homey environment to the living room.

The whole Sheikh Villa was warmed by the afternoon sun, welcomed people into the new day.

She was busy in arranging stuff in the cabinets as she turned the stove off.

She turned the coffee mug toward her as she was ready to beat the coffee powder and make the coffee just like she loves it.

The rich and bitter potion in her mug, speckling the sides of the cup as it filled with the warm milk she just boiled.

She reached for the cream in the refrigerator and watched as the hot, black coffee swirled with the cool cream, forming an intermediate tan.

The sugar, pinched from the precious silver bowl, glimmering sweetly as she sprinkled.

Her spoon gently knocked the inside of the mug, then a couple of taps on the edge, until she set it down on the counter.

She take a sip of the coffee and  sighed in defeat.

"Why can't I just make one cup of coffee like him? Why!!!"

She was frustrated but soon a smile adorns her face as she thought about him.

Maheen is a housewife, the eldest daughter-in-law, and mother of two naughty twins but most of all she is the wife of Shaheer Sheikh.

She loves her husband so much but she hates when she can't make her favourite coffee that he made with his secret ingredient but never told her.

Maheen and Shaheer have married five years ago, both were awkward at first but soon they found a common ground to talk and that one thing made their relation more strong.

Maheen was a coffee lover, she tried every coffee shop or stall in Lahore but she never got the best feeling she wanted until she tasted the heavenly treat made by her husband.

She still remembers the day, the bone-shaking cold of December and she was standing on the balcony enjoying the beautiful yet peaceful scenery.

Shaheer came with two steaming cups of hot coffee and give her one. The first sip she took was like heaven on earth. She moaned the moment, she tasted it.

"This is so amazing Shaheer...,"

Shaheer was happy to see her reaction and they talk for the first time openly enjoying the warmth of coffee and taking a new step in their life.

From that day on, they take time out of their daily life and spend some memorable time with each other sharing problems, concerns, and happiness with each other enjoying the coffee, and staring at the night sky.

But soon that change, life happens, responsibilities increases and they didn't have time for themselves as they were trying their best to provide all comforts and necessities to their family.

They got busy in life as their twin Arham and Hania were born and spend all their precious time as they tried to become the best of themselves for others.

They become best parents, best children for their parents, best siblings but in the race of life, they forgot that they are spouses, soulmates.

They still care for each other, the small gestures are there but the quality time they used to spend together was lost somewhere.

The ding sound of the oven got her attention; she came out of her daydreaming.

She shook her head and took the chicken roast out of the oven.