Chapter 2 ☕😔

She opened the door smiling and excited that her husband was finally home but soon that smile faded from her face when she saw her neighbor at the door.

She tried to smile as the lady was grinning widely looking at her from head to toe.

Maheen felt uncomfortable so she cleared her throat and get her attention who smiled beaming at her.

"Haye Maheen... You are looking so pretty... Are you going somewhere with Shaheer ki?"

Midhat Hussain was a nosey woman and she likes to interfere in other matters.

But Maheen didn't like it so she just smiles weakly and asked her the reason for her visit, also trying to not be rude but her frustration was at the peak.

"Yes... I am waiting for Shaheer but he was stuck at work... You tell me... Do you need anything?"

Midhat smiled with irritation as she can't get more information from Maheen but she spoke politely.

"Yeah about that ... Can I have some coffee, please... Faisal was craving it and I don't usually drink it but then I remembered that you must have it because you love coffee so, I came to ask for some,"

Maheen nodded as she moved back letting Midhat inside.

"Yeah of course... Come I will get it for you...,"

Midhat grinned like a Cheshire cat and come inside as Maheen moved in the kitchen to get the said coffee and let the woman go before she gets on her nerves.

Midhat looked around and at the arrangements, well she now has some gossips to do.

She snickered and stood straight as Maheen came with the coffee powder and give it to her.

"Thank you Maheen... I want to say something... I hope you don't mind,"

Maheen was confused but still nodded at her to continue.

"I saw the arrangements and how you are dressed up waiting for Shaheer Ji... I think you should be more cautious...,"

Her words confused Maheen more as she frowned.

"What are you saying Midhat? I can't understand it?"

"I am saying that Shaheer Ji is handsome and good looking, he works with women and nowadays women are clever and manipulative... You should be more careful about your man... Women are trying to trap men like him with their charms,"

Midhat was doing her best to manipulate Maheen's mind but when she saw a smiling face instead of a worried one, she frowned.

'Pagal hogyi hai kya... She was smiling hearing about her husband being trapped by some woman... Weird woman,'

Midhat was lost in thought when Maheen laugh gets her attention.

She looked at her like she was crazy or something.

"Oh, Midhat... Don't think such things about him... I know my Shaheer he would never do something like that to me,"

Midhat scoffed as she was getting frustrated, whatever she said was not affecting Maheen then she tried once again.

"But it's good to be safe than be sorry...,"

Maheen smiled at her as she looked at their family photos in the living room with adoration and turned toward her as she speaks.

"You know Midhat... Love is like coffee... It's bittersweet... It has its moments... Life can't be a fairy-tale, if we have good memories and happiness then we also have bad memories and sadness,"