Chapter 4 - Palace Hallways

Alexander didn't realize he was holding his breath until Cole pulled away, gazing down into his honey-coloured eyes. The King felt his heart skip a beat, his hand that was pressed against the man's chest beginning to shake in anticipation. His once piercing gaze began to soften, his lips parted slightly as his head began to tilt, gazing down at the servant's lips with desire sparking in his veins. A rush of blood ran throughout his veins, his heart beating a hundred miles a minute. It was what he wanted? Was this what he had wanted this entire time? Time seemed to slow, the gentle flicker of the candlelight on the walls never leaving the spark seen in the servant's gleaming eyes. What- what was this feeling?

"Your Majesty. . . what is it that you want?" Cole's wandering eyes found their place in Alexander's, the man gently placing a hand onto his bottom lip and opening it further open. The King let this happen, a shiver coursing through his veins. The man pressed against the stone wall smirked, seeing Cole's body melt as he seemingly fell into him. His heat was intoxicating, the actions not helping his cause. The King knew this was wrong what would the Royal Court think of this? But it was something new, something bold it made Cole feel like he could do anything. It was as if he was riding his horse out of battle once more, blood, sweat and a few tears sprinkled across his body like stray patches of sunlight peeking at the Earth through the clouds. The wind was in his hair then, the cheers of his men like a roar of rushing water in his ears as they welcomed home the victorious army of his father's kingdom. As much as he hated the King he had to admit, riding home with the death behind him and the future ahead gave him that feeling, the feeling that he was indomitable. Without another thought, without another warning, Cole leaned forwards, Alexander's lips crashing against his in a spark of passion.

His eyelids fluttered closed, his body melting in the servant's as he pushed his back further against the wall. Cole let his hands drop to the curves in his hips, holding them gently as his body from his chest to his hips pressed against his. This was pure heaven, the crash of those rushing waves filling him inside. Alexander took his empty head and filled it with him, those cobwebs from before being dusted away by his beauty and splendour. His limbs shook gently, letting his body crash into his as their mouths opened, letting their tongues dance together in an unsung song. This truly was something else, this was what he had wanted since the beginning. The King knew that now, throwing all of those thoughts away and letting Alex fill him. The servant's hands rose, running through Cole's hair as they continued to kiss. Soft noises escaped from both of their mouths, their knees growing weak with every minute that seemed to pass. How long had it been? They had no idea. They both wanted this, they both needed this. This feeling, this filling feeling full of love, compassion and understanding. Full of desire, lust and libido.

Cole pulled out of the kiss, letting their tongues slide off of one another as he lowered himself down to the servant's neck, sucking on it softly as his chest pressed the man further back into the stone wall. Alexander didn't hold back, his soft moans filling the stone-lined walls of the palace hallways. His hands dug into the soft brown curls atop the King's head, holding on for dear life as both of their eyes closed. "Why are you just staring at me. . . Your Majesty?" Cole shook his head softly, realizing that he was still pressing Alexander against the stone wall and the servant was still stuck. He pulled away, rubbing his eyes softly as he placed a hand on his chest. His heart was racing, his head was spinning, his eyes had deceived him. "Well um- goodnight." The King turned to watch the servant slip down the quiet hallways, listening to his soft footsteps fade into the night. Little did he know, Alex had thought of something similar, his face gently flushed at the thought of making out with Cole. Should it have happened? That's something to debate. Did he wish it would've happened? Well of course, who wouldn't of wanted something like that. But Cole was the King, nothing like that should ever happen with the King. Right?

Cole slowly began to back away, his eyes fluttering around the stone walls of the hall's to the marble lined flooring. What had just happened, what did his picture in his mind? Why was it so intimate, why did he crave more? The King couldn't do this, he knew what could happen if they got together and did something like that for real. Nothing good would come out of it and it would not only ruin his place as King of Xandra but it would kill the entire Kingdom. His father would come with his army and he would destroy this place to the bitter dust and specks it once was at the beginning of time. He'd claim the lives of everyone in this small little Kingdom and wouldn't bat an eye, destroy any evidence of their existence and take the new plot of land as another plot for the rest of his Empire. That's what it was at that point, it was no longer just a tiny little Kingdom on a hill. Cole wouldn't let that happen, he would not fail him. And so, he could not get close to anyone, not even Alexander Valentine.