🎃Chapter 3: A Sweet Gift🕷️

Halloween was tomorrow. And everywhere the boys went, the places were all decorated Halloween decorations. Sonic and Shadow were going to the store because Rouge sent them to get a few ingredients the girls needed for the food.

     "I have no problem with picking up items for the girls, but why in the name of chaos did I have to come here with you?" Shadow grunted.

     "Oh come on, Shadz. It's only for a few minutes, stop whining like a kid." Sonic said as he put his arm around the back of Shadow's neck.

     "Don't call me Shadz." Shadow rolled his eyes. He flung back Sonic's arm with his hand and continued walking.

Meanwhile, at Cream's House

     "Shouldn't we be cooking the food for tomorrow, I didn't decided to help you guys bake cupcakes just so we could practice our dance routine." Cream said. Cream volunteered to help Amy and Rouge bake cupcakes because she was one of the people were were experts in baking. The girls had all the food ready, but they still needed to bake the cupcakes.

     "Relax, Cream. We needed a few more ingredients, I sent Sonic and Shadow to get them." Rouge said. She scrolled through her iPod to play a on the radio for their warm up. (Nope, I'm not spoiling the song they are going to dance to!😏) "Besides, this is probably the only the boys wouldn't be around us."

     "What about Tails, Silver, and Knuckles?" Cream asked.

     "They went to Tails' house to finish decorating." Shade replied. Cream nodded.

     "But still! We only have today to finish everything, can't we do this later?" Cream was new panicking, everyone knew that she didn't like upsetting anyone.

     "Cream, if we don't practice now, we may never get the chance again." Amy said, walking up to Cream. "And you know why this is important to us, right?" Amy smirked, and Cream started to blush. She knew why they were doing the dance, and she was okay with it. But she was just nervous that a specific person might see her sing and dance.

     "Fine." Cream sighed. "But only for at least an hour or so, then we go back to baking." The girls nodded in agreement.

     "Okay then, let's start." Blaze said. Rouge finally selected a song, and guided the girls with her dance moves.

A Little While Later

     The girls looked at each other and nodded; they knew they were ready for tomorrow.

     "Now that we are done with the dance routine, CAN WE PLEASE GET STARTED ON THE CUPCAKES?" Cream laughed while yelling at them. The rest of the girls joined her.

     "Okay, okay. Let's prepare the batter." Amy said, walking to the kitchen. Cream followed her.

     "We're back!"

     The girls looked at the door and saw Sonic rush in.

     "And we got the things you needed." Sonic said, handed a bag to Amy in his hand.

     "Thanks, Sonic." Amy said. At that moment, Shadow walked in.

     "Here." Shadow said blankly. Cream took the bag and thanked him.

     "So, what you guys going to do now?" Shade asked the boys.

     "I'm going to head over to Tails' house. I want to help him finish decorating his house." Sonic replied. "Welp, see ya!"

     And with that, Sonic dashed out the door. The girls giggled.

     "What about you, Shadow?" Blaze asked. Shadow shrugged.

     "I'm just going to go home." he said. "I feel a little tired."

     "Is it because I sent you with Sonic?" Rouge asked with a grin.

     "Maybe." Shadow crossed his arms, while Rouge just laughed. "Anyways, I'll see you guys tomorrow at the party." Shadow then teleported out of the house.

     "You know, Shadow could've just teleported himself to get the things for us. Maybe then he didn't have to have Sonic come with him." Amy said, as the girls nodded in agreement. Just then, Rouge remembered something important.

     "I need to go home." Rouge said. At first the girls were confused about Rouge, but then they realized why.

     "Oh, is it because you need to give something to a certain hedgehog, I presume?" Shade smirked and put her arm on the couch. Rouge froze and started to blush a little.

     "Um, w-well, I guess you could s-say." Rouge stammered.

     "Well then, good luck." Amy waved. Rouge smiled and headed out the door.

At G.U.N. HQ (Which also happens to be Shadow, Rouge, and Omega's house)
(A/N: Yes, Team Dark live to together, but they live as if they were a family.)

     "Are you sure you don't need anything else?" Omega asked his friend.

     "I'm good, Omega. Thanks." Shadow said to the robot. Omega nodded, and headed to the door. But before he could get out, there was a knock. "Come in."

     The door opened, and revealed Rouge. Shadow got up from his bed, as Rouge walked into his room. Rouge then spotted the jock-o-lantern she gave to Shadow on his side table; which made her smile.

     "Is everything alright, Rouge?" Shadow asked her.

     "Yes, everything is fine. I just wanted to give you this." Rouge said. Shadow looked down and saw her handing the bag to him. Shadow lifted an eyebrow when he took the bag.

     "What's this?" he asked.

     "Well, since me and Omega had already picked out our costumes for Halloween, I realized that you didn't have one. So, I bought you one!" Rouge said enthusiastically. Shadow only winded this eyes. "I already showed Omega your costume, and he agreed that you'll love it." Rouge added. Shadow looked at Omega, who seemed to be happy about his costume. He then turned his head back to Rouge.

     "You didn't have to do this." he said to her.

     "Ugh, you always say that. Now open it!" she said. Shadow sighed and went through the bag and pulled out a few things. He then figured out it was a vampire costume. He was shocked, out of all the costumes in the world, this one seemed to fit Shadow's interest. Looks like Rouge knew him THAT WELL. "So, do you like it?"

     "No." Shadow said with a serious face. Rouge's happiness faded. "I love it." Shadow smiled a little. By hearing that, Rouge smiled as well.

     "I knew it! HA, I knew you would love it!" Rouge said. She then opened her arms to hug Shadow, but then stopped. She knew he didn't like hugs' the only person he ever allowed to hug him was Maria. And Rouge felt bad if she did hug Shadow. They both looked in to each other's eyes for a few moments. Rouge turned away, and felt someone hug her. She looked in front of her and saw Shadow.

     "Thank you." he said, hugging her tighter. She smiled even wider and returned the hug.

     "Hey, don't forget me." Omega said, as he also joined in the group hug.

------

Meanwhile

"It's ready."

"Yes, finally. That blue rat is finally going to die, along with his filthy friends."

"I heard they are going to have a party tomorrow."

"Well then, I guess our plan has reached it's full potential."