Chapter 15

Your POV

When I opened my eyes I was confused but what was surrounding me. The last thing I remembered was Hawks taking me to the hospital to get checked out but why am I here. It was my old room from when I was a little kid and my parents were still together. I got up from the bed and realized that my height has shrunk. "Am I a kid again?" I heard yelling coming from outside of my room. The door was closed so I just went up to the door and put my ear against it so I could hear better. "This mission is dangerous so I can't take her with me!" "You are not leaving me here with that useless brat!" It sounded like my parents were arguing. I don't remember this argument thought. "You can't say that about our daugh..." "No, she is your daughter! That child is not mine!!" I was really confused by what my mother said. What does she mean? There were loud footsteps going down the stairs. I started to remember. This was the night that dad left. Maybe it's because I was so young but I don't remember this conversation. I ran down the stairs to stop my dad. I know this is a memory but still I wanted to try. I need answers. When I got down the stairs I saw my mother standing with her head against the door. I was too late. "Do you want to be a hero sweetie?" Fear consumed my body. My mother began walking towards me so I turned around to go up the stairs. But just like that night my mother grabbed my hair and threw me against the wall. I shot up in a different room with my breathing heavy. "Hey it's ok. Your safe here." I felt someone's hand grab my own and I looked over to see Eijiro looking at me with a concern written on his face. My breathing slowed down as I realized that it was just a dream and that I was in the hospital room. "You ok?" Eijiro asked giving me while tilting his head to the side. "Yeah just a bad dream." I put my hand up to my forehead to try to massage the massive headache that is starting to form. "You know, I saw what happened on the news." I almost forgot the events of last night. I hope Eijiro isn't upset that I ran into the building. I put mu head down not wanting to see the look on his face. "You saved those kids. That was so manly!" I loved to see Eijiro's smile on his face. I didn't why I decided to run into that building. The thought of someone being trapped with no escape hit me hard. Maybe it's because I'm trapped and scared to leave. The door opened to reveal Hawks and Mr. Aizawa along with Todoroki and Bakugo. "Why are you guys here?" I questioned. They all looked down not knowing what to say. Then Aizawa stepped up. "You can't hide it anymore. There's evidence that you have been abused at home. So tell us." I didn't think that there would be anything they could find. Mother was always very cautious about hiding any trace of abuse but I need answers before they take her away. "Well you see I've been training since I was young and I was really clumsy so I would always get hurt?" Bakugo tsked at me not ready to deal with it. "Listen hear dumbass, we're not going sit here and listen to your bullshit." "Bakugo makes a good point (l/n). We can't help if you don't tell us." Todoroki spoke up. "Guys it's nothing it's from train..." "That's enough kid." Hawks cut me off with a serious look on his face. "You want your freedom don't you?" My eyes widen as everyone stared at me. "Yea I do want my freedom. But theres something I have to do first." I could feel the determination radiating from my body. I'm not longer going to be the scared little girl anymore. I'm a UA Class 1A hero course student. I won't be used as a tool ever again. Eijiro put his hand on my shoulder to show that he supports my decision while everyone else smiled at me. A knock on the door interrupted us. Without warning the door bursted opened. "There's my little angel!" I was confused that my mother actually came to the hospital for me. "The doctor said that you're free to go. So I'm here to take you home."  Everyone's face had a slight bit of shock that my mother showed up. If my mother chose to be an actor, she would have an award. She looked so happy to see me which was a bit weird. Most of the time she can't stand the sight of me. Not wanting to seem suspicious of what I was talking about with my friends and mentors I nodded my head. I got up from the hospital bed and walked over to the bathroom to get changed in some clothes. Nothing much just some jeans, a t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers. When I walked out everyone was gone except for Eijiro. "Is everything ok?" I asked Eijiro. He seemed stressed out. "I don't want you going back home. It's too risky." I understand where Eijiro was coming from. I don't want to step foot in that apartment either. "I have to do this Eijiro." I looked Eijiro in the eyes with confidence. "After all, I'm a hero now." I gave Eijiro a kiss on his forehead before turning around to leave. When I looked back at Eijiro, he had his hand on his forehead with a slightly surprised look. But nonetheless, Eijiro gave me a small smile. I knew that Eijiro was still worried about me going home just in case something goes wrong. But I have to know the truth.