xi. love stinks

ELEVEN

"A 'POTTER STINKS' BADGE? Really?" Aurora snapped at her younger brother

"A 'POTTER STINKS' BADGE? Really?" Aurora snapped at her younger brother. The boy had decided to show his Hufflepuff pride by sporting anti-Harry Potter merchandise. Ever since Harry's name had come out of the Goblet of Fire after Cedric's, many of the Hogwarts students decided it would be best to bring Cedric up by putting Harry down. Rory disagreed and it seemed so did Cedric, but most of the other students were a fan of the concept.

"Yeah and? Where's yours? Thought you'd want to show some support for your boyfriend." Aaron sneered.

Rory rolled her eyes, "I can support my friend without being nasty to Harry. If you think wearing that badge makes you look cool it doesn't."

"Looks cooler than your badge." The boy mumbled giving her S.P.E.W badge a look.

Rory groaned and walked away before he could get a rise out of her. Because that's what little brothers do.

She headed back to the Gryffindor table and sat down next to Lee and Marina. Angelina was sitting across from them, but no sign of the twins.

"Where did —" Rory began as she filled her plate with breakfast.

"They left." Lee shrugged, "They're going to try and sell some Skiving Snackboxes before the first task."

"Shit!" Rory whispered, "I completely forgot that was today! I've got to go find Cedric."

Rory abandoned her food and went up to scan the Hufflepuff table again. She noticed Cedric wasn't there and decided to barge into their common room. She knew the password so, why not? She exited the Great Hall and approached the common room for the badger house. She taped on the barrels and walked in. It was fairly empty inside given most of the Hufflepuff students were at breakfast. That made it much easier for Rory to spot Cedric though. She saw him sitting on a mustard yellow couch and decided to sit next to him.

"Rory, what —" he was a bit startled.

"I came to wish you luck before the... the first task! So, good luck!" She smiled, giving him a soft pat on the back. "Have you eaten breakfast?"

The boy slowly shook his head, "No... sorry."

"Cedric!" Rory gasped, "You've got to get your strength up!"

"It's dragons, Rory." He whispered. "Bloody dragons. Do I look like someone who can fight dragons?"

Rory's smile dropped and she looked at him. His gaze was fixated on his hands that were rested on his lap, fidgeting. She wasn't sure how to comfort him. There wasn't really a handbook for how to calm someone's nerves before fighting a dragon. She grabbed his trembling hands and looked at him.

"Cedric... that Goblet chose you for a reason. It knows you're brave, and smart. Don't doubt yourself. I know you'll do brilliant, I'll be wearing your scarf in the stands as good luck." She smiled with a wink.