Chapter Eighty one - Healing

Elizabeth's POV - Unedited

It had been a good couple of weeks since I sent Derek, Heidi and the twins back to our time. But I still hadn't gotten any better. I'd run a bad fever in that time, hadn't been able to walk properly and for the life of me was unable to cast a spell properly. It was now an early Saturday morning, Amber was asleep in a chair across from my bed and I gain enough strength to get up out of bed and out of the room for a change. 

Walking the long dark hallway I stopped in the kitchen to see a dark willowy figure standing in the dark. My breathing hitch as I stumbled back and out of the darkness came my mother. How'd she find me, why'd she come.. why can't she just leave me alone. 

"Do you know how long it took to find you Lillian" I cringed at the named she gave me.

"My name isn't Lillian any more. Its Elizabeth" I struggled to speak as my body began to ache. I gripped my wand in one hand as I held myself up against the door frame. 

"Oh darling how funny. You'll alway be my little Lillian, can't go running away by just changing your name" She stepped forward as I stumbled backwards. 

"Amber!" The house elf's figure popped out in front of me and turned to see a tall figure hovering over the both of us. 

"Ohh Mistress. Run!" I stumbling down the hallway hearing Amber shout and try and stop my mother, but it didn't work the house elf screamed in pain and so did I in sadness hearing her pain. I was about to lock the door behind me when my mothers hand grabbed mine and the door flung open. With all her forced she pushed me to the ground growling as she did. 

"Your worthless like your father.. Didn't know what hit him when I killed him. You'll never succeed in life, you'll be worthless to everyone you meet.. did you hear me" I didn't look at her, well I tried not to. Her pointing fingernails dug into my chin as she forced me to looked into her eyes. "Don't ignore me you foul girl. You embarrassed this family the moment you left, leaving me your mother high and dry without a word. Then your brother, how disgraceful followed in his footsteps with those friends of his.. pathetic" She pushed me away as I slumped on the floor. "Maybe a lesson should be taught" without warning she shot an unforgivable curse at me. "Crucio"

I collapsed completely on the ground in pain, it felt like a thousand knives run along my skin as a burning sensation built up inside. 

"Please stop.." I whimpered. "All I ever did was obey you, but now I'm happy and you want to take all of that away" she cackled evil as her heel dug into my leg. Making me gasp again. 

"Of course.. you wouldn't understand though. The need for world domination, the thirst for power.. don't think I'm still ashamed for you both being Gryffindor's and not Slytherins like the rest of the family. Yes I knew the family was Blacks. How did you think I thought of this place eventually.. you'd have to be in contact with at least Sirius Black back in the time you were.. don't think I'm stupid"Her hell dug harder into my leg. 

"Please.. stop it I'm done. Just kill me now and get it over with" She laughed again and again, quite insane if I'm being honest. 

"Ohh no I can't do that. What fun would it be if I just killed you.." This mad me angry. The person I thought once loved me, now this shell of a crazy human being.. The look of devoid in her eyes as she watched me. It wasn't my mother, and I was not her daughter. Not anymore. 

"Well maybe I should just do it myself" Her eyes widened as I pointed the wand at my throat. 

"Oh don't be silly, you wouldn't have the guts anyway" A small crack and behind us Amber a little bloody stood tall and strong. Throwing a jinx at my mother, she fell back in shock.