~One~

I walk onto set for the first day of filming at 5:30 am. The cup of iced coffee in my hand is the only thing keeping me going, last night I was too anxious to sleep so I spent most of the time pacing around my room and trying to steady my breathing. 

After saying hi to Kenny, I head into one of the dance studios and set my backpack and drink in the corner before taking off my jacket, revealing my black sports bra and pull up my royal blue leggings. 

My Spotify playlist vibrates through the room as I stretch in front of the mirror wall. After a couple of songs, I get up and begin working through one of the dances for the show. 

I count out loud  to myself as I try to figure out the pre chorus moves for one of the songs. "5,6,7,8 hit, 1,2,3,4 and down..." I say to myself over the music playing. 

One of my favorite songs from HSMTMTS comes on and I sing along to it with my eyes closed while given little movements to go through the dance I am working on. 

A voice other than own makes me snap my eyes open and I see a boy around my age with shaggy brown hair walking over to me while singing along.

"Can I help you?" I ask over the music. 

The boy gives a cute little grin, "Sorry, I just heard the music and thought you could use a singing buddy. I'm Charlie."

I push some of the loose pieces from my messy ponytail away from my face, "Kaya. Are you a choreographer too?"

Charlie stares a second before answering, "No, I-um I'm an actor. I play Luke." 

I raise my eyebrows in mock awe, "Oh, I didn't realize I'm in the presence of a star." 

Charlie laughs- probably because I'm making him uncomfortable with my humor- and takes a step back, "I gotta get to hair and makeup. It was nice to meet you Kaya..."

"Harris."

He nods, "Harris." Charlie gives me one last smile before heading out the door. 

I have to admit, he is mighty fine. But, I can't get distracted by guys. I have a job to do. 

After shaking the boy out of my head, I work more on the dance, only to be interrupted by clapping from Kenny Ortega. "That's wonderful, Makayla! Love the second eight count!" 

I smile at Kenny, my mentor on set. "Come and help me film the first scene with Julie and the boys."

I zip up my white jacket and follow Kenny over to the garage set, trying to stay calm. I'm going to have to meet everyone eventually, its no big deal. Calm down. Charlie greets me in his Luke attire. "Kaya! This is Owen, Jeremy, and Madison. Guys, this is THE Kaya Harris."

I roll my eyes at him. "Hi, its so nice to meet you guys. I can't wait to work with all of you, well except for Jer." 

Jeremy grins at me, I recently worked on a dance project with his girlfriend, Carolynn. 

Owen's eyes go wide, "No way, I follow you on youtube!"

I slap a hand over my mouth, "Let's not talk about her. She doesn't have a place here." 

Madison laughs, "Well, now I have to see it." My eyes go wide in fear. My youtube account is basically a big page of dance, vlogs, and modeling tips. It is extremely cringe-worthy, but it helps to get me out in the world. 

"Alright, places!" Kenny yells. I watch the boys act out the scene with Madison, giving suggestions and listening to Kenny's comments. After a couple of takes another choreographer, Tori, comes over and takes me back to the studio so we can finish the dance to "WOW." 

Tori is the most amazing person in the world and we finish more than half the song before our hour long lunch break. I go over to the lunch area and grab a couple of things to eat and find a seat at one of the empty tables. 

My peaceful couple of minutes of silence are ruined by Charlie sitting across from me and the two other boys. "Kaya, I hate to be the one to tell you this but you forgot to put on a shirt today. Its required in most public places." Owen says with a serious expression. 

I look down and realize I'm still in just my sports bra. "I like to live on the edge, I'm a rebel like that."  I say, grinning at Owen. 

"Owen, leave this poor girl alone." Madison says, sitting down next to me. 

I hug the teen, "Awe, I love Mads. I'm adopting you now." 

Jeremy and Owen laugh, but Charlie frowns. "I want to be adopted."

I wrinkle my nose as I get up, "No way, Madison is my only child." 

In the studio, I work with the lovely Savannah Lee May, teaching her all of Carrie's moves. By 6 pm, she is a pro at the first half of the song. 

"Be here tomorrow at 9 to finish the rest." Tori tells me before taking off. I nod and gather all of my stuff, excited to head home. Today was fun, but really really stressful. I'm just glad I got through it okay. 

The dark walk to my car is slightly terrifying. I keep my phone in my hand unlocked just in case, but drop it as soon as I hear footsteps behind me. "You're fine Kaya, Michael Myers isn't following you." I whisper under my breathe.

I turn around in the dark parking lot, but don't see anything so I crouch don't to grab my phone and try to ignore my loudly beating heart. 

Another noise from behind me causes me to jump up, "Uh no, whoever is playing hide and seek among us right now has about three seconds to back away from this area." 

I don't hear or see anything so I continue to my car and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in after I close the door. I start up my mini cooper and let out a scream when someone bangs against my window. I turn to see none other than Charlie with his face against my window recording me. 

I roll down the window and listen to Charlie laugh at me, "Got you so good."

"That was a cheap move, Charles. You better watch out, I'm coming for you." I say before rolling back up my window. Charlie stands on the curb, grinning like an idiot. 

Author's Note: Yay, first chapter! I don't know if it was clear or not, but whenever the text is italicized it is when Kaya is trying to calm herself down or when her anxiety is talking to her. I know not everyone experiences anxiety this way, but its kind of how I do and I thought this would be easier to see.