15

jumping ahead three years, crazy i know. dayanara is now four years old and admires nick. enjoy :)

today nick is going on the sync up, it's a podcast that's videoed and put on youtube. alex has been on it a few times and knows the guys pretty well. apparently they're super nice and if not for me nick would've missed it. i pick up his phone not realising what today was as one of the guys from the podcast call nick. i pick up the second call. "hey, it's y/n, nicks asleep." i say answering the phone. they burst out laughing on the other end of the call.

"we were meant to film a podcast today for our channel with nick."

"holy shit, i didn't know that was today. the bastard has been snoozing his alarms since 10am." it's now twelve when he was supposed to be there. i nudge him a few times as i put them on speaker.

"dude, you're meant to be doing the podcast right now. they've been calling you." he gets up super quickly taking the phone from my grip and apologising to them.

"y/n, can you chuck me that shirt next to you?" he asks while putting his pants on. i throw his shirt at him while he's still on speaker to the sync up guys. "where's daya so i can so goodbye?"

"kitchen doing school work." i reply.

nick hangs up after talking to the sync guys for a couple of minutes and heads down stairs to find daya. "daya, i gotta go." he says going over to her and picking her up to give her a hug.

"where?"

"to film a podcast." he says. "i'll be back to pick you up from ballet later."

"so we can't play today?"

"not today but if you finish all your school work we can play extra tomorrow. play with ryland today he's around somewhere." he puts her down, gives me a kiss and leaves for the podcast.

~podcast~
i ended up switching between perspectives in this section, really sorry if it's hard to follow along.

"okay, so i feel like we might have been living under a rock but nick you're in a relationship, you have a girlfriend?"

"yeah, y/n, how didn't you know?" nick starts laughing as he fiddles with the button of his flannel.

"i don't know man, when she answered the phone this morning, i thought i'd research her and didn't realise you two had been a thing, a couple, you know." he continues.

"yeah yeah, well um, i don't know what to say. we've been together for almost four years."

"really? four years that's incredible." he mentions again. then one of the others speak up. "i can't believe none of us knew. it'd be incredible to have her on the podcast sometime."

"i can ask her?" he mentions as he takes out his phone. by the time they respond, i've answered his facetime call.

"hey, it's not a good time what's up?" i ask as dayanara cries in the background.

"why, are you okay?" nick asks as he fiddles in his seat, the other guys all staying quiet. "what's happening?"

"dayanara, stop it, just come here." i say to her before answering nicks question. she's crying at the fact nick couldn't play today and considering how mature she is for a four year old. this wasn't one of those times. she looks through the phone at nick on the other side. "hi." she speaks up in a little voice, "i miss you." she continues as she begins to cry some more.

"i'll be back soon i promise."

"okay." daya says sniffling.

"it's alright, i love you." nick says to her looking into her sad eyes. "i love you too." after that i stand up and walk out of my bedroom leaving dayanara in there while i finish talking to nick. "sorry, i don't know what's up with her today." i say.

"the guys were wondering if you wanted to come of the podcast sometime." he says.

"oh my gosh, are you still there? geez, guys i'm so sorry to interrupt you." i say, realising that the others heard that whole conversation. "um, sure, i don't mind. that sounds fun. but you're busy, i'll talk to you later loser." i say hanging up the call.

to be continued...
get this to five votes for the next chapter