7

Arthur and Merlin stuck with each other after the Volt was over and chatted— well more like argued— with each other.
They were currently doing a circle dance which meant they were with three other pairs which turned to look at them oddly.

Eventually Merlin suggested they'd catch some air outside and Arthur agreed. He was having so much fun with Merlin he had forgotten why he originally came to the ball. They were star gazing for a bit while eating some small pies they snuck out with them. Merlin decided to break the silence, "So... what kingdom are you from?"
"Hm?"
"What kingdom are you from. Earlier you acted like you were from a high status so I assume you're a noble. However I've seen all the nobles from Anglia so you can't be from here. Where are you from?"
Arthur hadn't really made a background for himself before coming to the enemy kingdom and he really wished he did.

"I'm from.. um.. Olaf's kingdom." He said while munching on the pie and looking away. "Really? I wasn't aware any of their nobles were attending. King Olaf had said he didn't want to cause trouble with Camelot since they signed a peace treaty" Merlin said while squinting at him. "Yeah... Um. The king didn't want to be rude and sent me instead. Not much chaos can come from sending a noble who King Uther knows not about."
"Hmm, guess not" Merlin found that a reasonable answer. He guessed King Olaf didn't want to offend either kingdom. On one side you had a ruthless tyrant of a king and on the other a magical kingdom with the most powerful warlock as future king. 

"Well what about you? Where are you from?" Arthur asked wanting to get the attention off of himself. Merlin gave him a smile. "I'm actually from here. I was born and raised in Anglia".

Arthur stood a bit more rigid, "does this mean you have magic?"

Merlin nodded not noticing Arthur's small flinch. "Yup" he said before his eyes shone gold making Arthur jump far away from him. A flower appeared in front of Merlin and smiled at Arthur ready to hand it to him but frowned and tilted his head to the side when he noticed he had moved away, "are you okay?"

"Y-yeah" Arthur was now nervous. He had forgotten he was here to see the evil that inhabited this kingdom when he started to interact with Merlin, a stranger that had magic and could kill him any second, a sorcerer. He tried to find the closes exit when his crazed thoughts were interrupted by Merlin's giggles. 

"Arthur, don't tell me this is the first time you've seen someone perform magic." Merlin teased but then took a closer look at Arthur's terrified eyes that were framed by the red mask. "Wow it's really you're first time?!" Arthur just froze.

"I mean. I knew of Olaf's treaty with Camelot but I didn't think they'd keep their people in the darkness like in Camelot!" Arthur started to get mad, how dare a sorcerer badmouth Camelot! 

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Arthur said with a growl. Merlin's eyes widened. "Oh I didn't mean to offend your kingdom! It's just that I didn't expect you to have they same irrational fear of magic like in Camelot."

Arthur was going to make a snarky remark when Merlin continued. "Honestly, I would have been dead the moment I born if I lived in Camelot!" The blonde prince frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I was born with magic, and that  king Uther says that magic is evil and pollutes the soul. Well I might as well be the devil himself then" Merlin says with a slight laugh in the end but its more bitter than joyous. "I didn't know people other than druids could be born with magic, wait are you a druid?"

"Ha, no I'm not a druid". although Merlin wasn't glad that Olaf's kingdom was so blinded on what magic truly was like, he was glad that Arthur didn't know that only Warlocks are born with magic if they're not druids. Because if he knew, he would know he was the prince. He didn't want to be treated like he was superior like everyone else did, he enjoyed the silly banter he's been having with Arthur tonight and he wanted him to keep treating him like he was human. 

Arthur was having an internal debate with himself. His father always taught him magic was evil but here was a boy that was born with magic. A boy that looked so beautiful and delicate. Merlin didn't give off the vibe that he could ever cause harm, not even to a flower! Could his father really be in the wrong? Or was this sorcerer tricking him? Had he figured out he was actually the prince of Camelot? If so, how?

A giggling couple that exited the castle and entered into the forest area both princes were at shook them out of their thoughts bringing them back to the present. The couple looked like they were looking for a place to snog when they notice to other two, "Oh! Sorry! This spots occupied, lets go" said the boy while re-directing the girl that came with him. "Sorry to disturb! Carry on! We didn't see anything!" said the girl while walking away. The two princes blushed bright red at the suggestive comments from the departing couple. 

After calming down a bit, Merlin had an idea. "Well, Arthur! Since you don't know much about magic, seems I'm gonna have to teach you!" He said while standing up and dragging Arthur with him. Arthur had no clue where they were going and thought there was a huge possibility he might die if he followed the boy in the white mask. Just as he was going to pull back and decline Merlin turned to him with a bright smile and those beautiful blue eyes that made his heart skip a beat. He was curios if what he knew about magic was true and decided to trust in this mysterious boy in the white mask that for some reason also trusted Arthur. 

Arthur thought, Father's gonna have me on the pyre if he finds out what I'm doing.