8

Elyan went back into the ballroom trying to find any of the knights or the prince. After several minutes of searching he found Percival, he was the easiest to distinguish even with the yellow mask because of his build. "Percival!" he went up to him. "Elyan? What's wrong?" answered the knight while silently apologizing to his partner before leaving the dance floor.

Once they were far enough Elyan spoke, "It's Lady Morgana!" Percival frowned although one couldn't tell with the mask, "What about Lady Morgana?"

"They're here, Percival. I just ran into Gwen. What are they doing in a magical kingdom?! The king will see this as treason!"

"We have to find Arthur", said Percival looking towards the packed ballroom and courtyard.
"That's gonna be a challange" oh why didn't they think about how easy it would be to get lost.

—————————-

Somewhere on the dance floor was Gwen looking for her master with Lancelot there to help her. "What's going on, Gwen?" asked a worried Lancelot. "I'll explain later but I must warn Morgana first". The knight nodded and continued looking for the woman in the black mask with black locks of hair. Sadly for them, many of the guests fit the description.

—————————

The knights decided to look for the prince from the outside of the dance floor only to eventually run into Leon. He too had easily recognized Percival for his build. "Percival? Elyan? You guys finally broke free as well?" Said the older knight while drinking some wine. He was wary of the food and drink but after seeing a man down four goblets of wine in one go and then proceeded to mumble "they should have served mead" while taking a bite out of an apple and was still standing, he thought it was safe.

"Leon, we need to find the prince" Elyan said with urgency in his voice. "Why? What's the matter?"
"Lady Morgana is here. I found Gwen earlier so I know she's here. We must find Arthur and bring Lady Morgana home before something happens. We're in enemy territory" Elyan whispered since there were to many eyes nearby.

With that they went back to searching for the blonde prince.

———————————

"Lady Morgana!" Gwen exclaimed once they finally found the right woman after so many mistaken guests. "Hi, Gwen. Is something wrong?" The raven head asked with a kind smile and slight worry laced in her tone.
"The knights are here. The knights of Camelot! I'm not sure why they're here but they are and they know we're here too"

Morgana's eyes widened but then she too wondered why the knights of Camelot were there, they couldn't have known they were attending. Why would they come into an enemy kingdom?

"Lady, I met Elyan and I'm afraid he will tell the prince of our presence." Gwen told her with worry in her eyes. Morgana turned to her, "Gwen, I can deal with Arthur but I fear they're not here for us. They must be after Merlin or Hunith!"

"What do you mean?" Asked Lancelot now with his hand in the hilt of his sword. "Think about it, they couldn't have know we were here. Why else would they go into the enemy kingdom. I doubt Uther thought of this though, Camelot's not ready for a war. This must be Arthur's idea".
Gwen didn't fully agree with that theory but didn't dismiss it. "We must find Merlin, he would be in danger!"

———————————-

"BWUAHAHAHA!"

"Shut Up!"

A few minutes later they warlock quieted down. "That was hilarious! Your face!"
"That's a normal reaction! Now shut up, idiot" exclaimed the now red faced blonde prince. "She is just a baby dragon, Prat!" Said the raven head while scratching a ruby red dragon like she was a puppy. "She's the size of a horse!"

—————————

"I still don't spot the prince" said a frustrated Leon.
"What if a sorcerer got to him?"

"Now now, we have to calm down. Maybe he's dancing outside in the courtyard?" Suggested Percival.

"OR HE COULD BE IN GRAVE DANGER!"

——————————-

"Gross! She puked on me!"

"Be grateful, Clotpole! She just shared her dinner with you."

——————————

"Calm down Leon, I'm sure he's fine"

"You're right. It's just we can't go back from a "hunting trip" with a missing prince" the eldest knight was calming down from his panic and started thinking rationally again. "Okay, let's keep looking. I'm sure he couldn't be far".

———————————-

"So where are you taking me?" Asked Arthur while Merlin held his hand and tugged him along deeper into the forest. "Be patient and you'll see" the boy mysteriously said.

The blonde chuckled nervously, "ha ha. You're not gonna kill me, are you?"
"Haven't decided yet"
"What?"

He got no answer but still let himself be led.

Eventually they reached a flower meadow. Merlin's eyes shone gold again and orbs of light lighted up the place. "Come on! Sit!"
Arthur sat down in front of Merlin facing him. "So why are we here?"
"It's my favorite place. You can see the stars clearly from here."
"You're such a girl"
"Shut up"

They sat down in silence for a while looking at the stars until Merlin decided to show him another one of his spells. "Look!" His eyes shone gold and by now Arthur wasn't flinching as much as before when it happened. Merlin opened his cupped hands and a magical blue butterfly 🦋 fluttered around them. "It's beautiful..." mumbled the blonde prince. Dark haired prince just gave him a goofy smile.

————————-

"Gwaine! Have you seen Merlin?!" Asked Lancelot. "Not since the truth or dare game. Something wrong, mate?" Replied the long hair knight while chewing on yet another apple pie. "I'm not sure. There's knights of Camelot here and we can't find Merlin. We already put some knights near the Queen so she's safe".

"Well I'll help look for him"

———————-

"Still nothing" sighed the knights

——————

"I must say, the sky is beautiful. But not as beautiful as your eyes"

"Now who's the girl?" Giggled the raven head

"Still you"

————-

From around the castle seven people were thinking "WHERE ON EARTH IS HE?"

1017 words!
WHOO! I'm failing my semester!