Chapter 4

Spencer and I returned to working on the geographical profile in silence. On my side of the table, I mark down the site of every reported kidnapping in the area in the last five years, and on Spencer's side, he notes the location of every known sex offender around.

"Do you have anything within five miles of Walnut Trail?", Spencer asks.

"Go fish", I say dryly. He rolls his eyes but chooses to get back to work rather than respond.

I finish my work quickly, basic data entry is pretty easy work despite the monotony. I lay my head on my hand and sigh, boredom coming over me quickly.

"Reid?", I ask. He hums in acknowledgment. "Are you hungry?"

"I could eat. What are you thinking?"

"Pizza?"

"No."

"Chinese?"

"I had that yesterday."

"Indian?"

"Not in the mood."

I sigh. "Then what do you want?"

"I want a burger", He says, looking up at me.

"Where the hell are we supposed to get that? We can't leave the station", I say.

"And that's what the local police are for", he smirks. "Watch this."

He stands from his chair and walks around the table and into the bullpen. I roll to the right slightly so I can see better. He leans over the reception desk and smiles charmingly at the woman behind it.

"Hey, there...", he looks at her name tag. "Chantal. I'm Dr. Reid from the FBI. I've been working all night and I'm looking for something to eat. Is there any chance that you could place an order for me?"

He is really laying it on thick, I think. He licks is lips as he looks at the woman. "Please?"

"Uh- yeah, I can get you something, anything", she says, clearly flustered.

"I'll take two cheeseburgers, a side of fries, and a strawberry milkshake", he says, handing her a fifty-dollar bill. "Keep the change." He gives her a wink before returning to our small, cave-like room.

He sits back in his chair and kicks his feet up on the desk, smirking at me.

"That's how it's done, Y/l/n." I roll my eyes at his cockiness.

"You may have gotten us dinner, but I can get us dessert", I grin. Spencer sits up a little straighter, clearly interested.

"Yeah? How do you think you're gonna do that?"

"See that cop over there", I point to a bald man standing at the other side of the bullpen. "He's the target."

I stand up and start unbuttoning my blouse. When I get to three undone, I ask Spencer his opinion.

"Is this good or should I do one more?", I ask.

"Definitely one more", he says with a smirk.

I then tousle my hair, giving it a messy-sexy look. I reapply my lipstick and blow Spencer a kiss before walking into the main room, making sure to add a bit more sway to my hips.

"Hey, officer", I say seductively.

"What's your name, baby doll?", he asks, looking me up and down.

"I'm Y/n, but you can call me whatever you'd like", he wink.

"What can I do for you, baby doll?"

"I'm with the FBI, and I'm really starting to miss home", I fake-pout. "There is this restaurant back in Virginia that serves really good blueberry pie."

"You know... There's a place like that here, too", he says.

"Really?"

"Mhm, come with me and I'll get you a slice."

"I'd love to, but...", I look at the ground. "I have to stay and work. What if you got me the pie in exchange for my number?"

He eagerly accepts my offer, and after I give him the number of an ex-girlfriend who cheated on me, he left to get the pie.

I stroll back into the room, a smug grin plastered on my face.

"I hope you like blueberry, Reid."