Chapter 19

Chapter 19

*Author's P.O.V*

"She's alive." Harry confesses and Niall looks up at him with wide eyes but he refuses to make eye contact with him right now.

"W-what?" Zayn asks, not wanting this to be true only for him to get his hopes up."We had a little girl?"

"I named her Fallon." Harry answers, watching him immediately stand up and turn toward him.

"Don't fuck with me like that Harry." Zayn warns, tossing the book to the floor then walking over to him.

"I wouldn't joke about something like that. If you would have listen to what I said, then you would have realized that I never said that I aborted her. I never talked about her as if she was dead either." Harry explains and he knows he got him right where he wants him.

Zayn feels as if he's going to pass out any second. He now has a name to put to their child. He now knows what she looked like as a baby. She is the perfect mixture between them. All he needs now is to hear her voice. He wants to see the videos of her taking her first step, first words, experiencing snow etc. This entire time she has grown up not knowing that he exists. Does she think that he abandoned her? This just confirms to him that all of this was pointless. If only he would have done some extra research, he probably would have found her without ever coming in contact with Harry. Another dreadful realization comes to his mind. He would have killed Harry without knowing that their daughter existed. She would have ended up not having either of her parents. This is all too much for him to take in.

"Where is she? I want to see her. I need to hold her." Zayn tells him, regret ever throwing her memory book to the floor as if it was nothing.

"You really think I'm going to let you see her. You said so yourself that you're unstable." Harry says before Zayn drops to his knees in front of him.

"Let me redeem myself then. I'll become stable again I promise Harry." Zayn replies all the fight leaving his body.

Harry's hands are grabbed gently as green stare into brown. Well this is something different. This time he's the one in charge. It feels so nice. Nothing that Zayn can say will ever sway his emotions. His mind has already been made up. There is no way that he could ever abort a baby. The attachment was too strong so he didn't go to his appointment that day. Luckily, his parents were more than willing to take care of her while he still tried to figure his life out. That doesn't mean he wasn't apart of her life because he very much was. It became harder when Niall came into the picture because he had to introduce her as his cousin that he really likes to spend time with. Thankful, Niall didn't put together how much she looks like him or the fact that she was around almost everyday. Now that dynamic is changed forever.

This time Zayn let's it all out. The tears are never ending as they slide down his cheeks. The tears aren't just from his current self but from his child, pre-teen, teenager, and young adult self. His mind is just so lost. Lost in a darkness that has a long way to go to get to the light. For years, everything had been a lie. Everything he went through was meaningless. Every form of resentment towards Harry is washed away along with the resentment towards himself. This means that he wasn't useless and that he is worthy. Worthy of love, worthy of fatherhood, and worthy of happiness. Unfortunately it is all up to Harry if he can experience that. It's almost as if this is a repeat of the first time he found out he was pregnant. This time he has to convince Harry to let him spend time with her.

"Please Harry. You know how much our little girl means to me. You can call the cops on me as long as I get to spend just a little bit of time with her." Zayn pleads, using one of his hands to retrieve his phone and give it to him.

"Niall please put him out of his misery." Harry says and Niall stands to his feet immediately.

"Just listen to me please. I just want to get to know her and I want her to get to know me." Zayn cries out, holding a hand up at Niall to give him a minute."I don't want her thinking that her other father didn't want her or doesn't loves her."

"You don't get that privilege after the shit you put me and Niall through. We have scars that may never heal. I would much rather have her thinking that Niall is her real father. It'll save her a bunch of disappointment and angry." Harry responds as he is yanked away from him.

"If you would have told me from the start, I wouldn't have done any of this." Zayn sobs, starting to get upset with himself.

"I did what was best to protect my child. You didn't have to do this if I would have told you or not." Harry replies then looking away from those tormented eyes.

"You told me that you know the real me and that you actually feel bad for me. Please don't turn your back on me right now. That's the last thing I need." Zayn says, desperately trying to look into his eyes to reach his heart."If you refuse to let me have this one thing then you're just as evil as I am."

Niall pushes him onto his back then starts to punch him in the face as hard as he can. Every hit is for Harry, the child, and himself. Though his punches aren't at their full potential since Zayn broke his index and pinky finger, they still are powerful. Throughout the beating, Zayn doesn't beg for it to stop because he knows he deserves it after everything. That doesn't stop him from begging to see their child. She's all that he has. She's all that he wants. He needs to feel her love. That is last thing his mind can think of before a final punch knocks him out. Niall stands over him, panting heavily with blood dripping from his knuckles. He hopes that he didn't accidentally kill him. Even if he did, he knows that he will get away with it because it was self-defense.

"I'll go call the police." Niall states, coming to his lover when he is motion over.

"Nah. That would be too fucking easy for him." Harry responds as he is help out of his seat.

"What do you want to do with him then?" Niall asks as Harry looks down at him with a shake of his head.

"You'll find out later. Let's just go get cleaned up and restore everything." Harry answers with them existing the basement right after.

»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts???

You shouldn't feel bad for Zayn but you HAVE to in the slightest bit because he truly never meant for things to get out of control.

Notice how he never once said "my child" it was always "our child." Also notice how he always helped Harry or let him help himself after he injured him but let Niall suffer through his wounds. He always did what Harry wanted whether he admitted it or not. Notice how he never directly insulted Harry either but rather insulted Niall almost every chance he got "limp dick boyfriend" "pussy of a boyfriend" etc. He didn't want to direct his anger towards Harry so he picked Niall, who was suppose to be Harry's mental and physical punishment/torture. He was trying to heal himself but ultimately causing more harm.

Bye.