3. A Soft Place To Land

A/n: Can you tell that I listen to Waitress?

Reader P. O. V

"Don't stress so much Y/N-chan~" Dazai put a hand on my shoulder "You'll be just fine"

It was then when I realized what the problem of talented people was. They don't know how to speak to the less talented.

Just how Dazai didn't know what to say to me.

I burry my nose in the wool my scarf as I got closer to the train station. The snowflakes poking dots in my vision. 

"Thanks, Dazai..." 

We end up on the bench near the railway, waiting. 

Dazai's eyes kept boring into me. God damn it, he stared so long I whipped my head at him. 

But I wasn't what he was staring at. 

"Y/N...." 

"Yeah?"

"How long until the bus?" 

I check my phone.

"10 minutes"

Dazai starts to slide off the bench. It's then that I see a flock of his fangirls on the other end of the street. 

"Shit..." I get up with him "Let's run!" 

The two of us run the opposite way. Praying that the fangirls wouldn't  catch us. 

- || - 

The doors fall shut behind my sweaty back. 

My jacket and scarf were sticking to me from running away with Dazai. He promised me coffee as a thank you but I knew wouldn't see a single c of that coffee. 

Oh, well... 

My swollen hands work on getting the clothes off me as I move through the cold hallway. 

"Hi... I'm home!" 

My words fall empty on the shadows across my apartment. 

Slimy warmth of my sweat met with the icy breeze cutting around me as I walked into my bedroom. Gross. 

I begin to fumble around with the heater. 

"FUCK!" 

The heater sparked up, dying soon in it's own smoke. 

"You know what fuck you!" I spit my anger on the dead heater and grab my coat like I wanna choke it. 

I slam the door behinde me again and run outside of the building. 

I stop when I reach the first traffic light. 

Fuck, I forgot to lock the doors! 

This made me run back. 

  - || - 

My soft place. 

My soft place to rest my wings shone in front of me. 

If I ignore the 45 minutes it takes me to get here I love it. So much. I open its old wooden doors. 

"Nana you here?"

"Little one!? Is that you?" 

I take off my coat and hat, and walk into the softly light entrance. Finnaly someplace warm.

"It's me Nana!"

My nana stepped out of the kitchen. Two jiggly warm arms engulf me and my frozen limbs.