7. My Chance To Shine

Reader P. O. V

Despite all the efforts my mind couldn't listen and let me sleep.

Cries and cruses stringing through me as I roll over on the bed.

Wisps of the cold got under my blanket and made me shiver. 

I strengthen the wrap of the blanket around me. Just like the knowledge of Kunikida lecturing me about my sleeping schedule strengthened in my head.

Then my phone buzzes.

With my eyes I curse who ever sent me the message. 

Do they think I'm gonna break my warm cocoon for them? 

If they say yes they're right, cause that's just what I did. 

I open the new message. 

My need for warmth dissappeared when I saw who the sender was. 

- Chuuya: Good luck tomorow ❤️! ️ Not that you'll need it ;) 

With a sprinkle of a giggle I type back. 

- Me: Thank you, you too 💕But like, I don't think you wish your "enemy" good luck

- Chuuya: Give it time! By tomorow you won't recognize me! 

- Me: Nooo ;( You bastard! 

- Chuuya: You picked your own friends Y/N~

- Me: And I only choose the best! 

- Me: But for real tho we should get some sleep. Good night, see you tomorow Chuu

- Chuuya: Good night Y/N, see you 

I put my phone down and cuddled up into my bed the. Air now flaked with gentle warmth. 

- || - 

This is it. 

I get into my costume and breath along with the drum in my chest. 

The closer I get to the ice the fevered bubbling in my stomach leaks through my skin in flameful waves. 

My skate blade hits the ice. 

This is it. 

Third person P. O. V

"Everyone please welcome our third senior competitor Y/N L/N!!"

In a swing of glitter and strong strides across the ice you wave to the crowd's eyes following you. 

These eyes also included Mori's and Chuuya's grounded stares. 

"Y/N is a two times second place in Japan's figure skating championship. She is a skater with no ability but her talent and character have made up for it all the way. Will she win this time with abilities allowed?"

The program music eats up the crowd whisper as it begins. 

" Let's watch and see..." 

  - || - 

The power. 

The sheer power of the music beats through the ice you skate on as you move. 

Your body swings in graceful waves and as the main chours hits your veins. 

You move on to faster and more complicated maneuvers with a strong swing of your leg.

The time for you to shine the brightesst has come. 

Chuuya P. O. V

Y/N was beautiful. So God damn beautiful. 

Her red cheeks adorned a wide smile as she was showered in flowers and applause. 

This girl just knows how to get my heart warm and swelled without even trying! 

I look at Mori, who was talking to some other skater representatives. I use the distraction a pull out the white rose from my costume pocket. 

I step closer to the rink edge and with the use of my ability I float it over to Y/N and tuck it behind her ear. 

She sensed it and turned over pretending to wave at the crowd above yet that single smile felt more special to me. 

My damn love for that smile made my legs go weak again.