20. Chill With Me...

Reader P. O. V

It felt good.

It felt really good.

The feeling of only a light bandage wrapped around my arm, finally freed of the cast's suffocation, was heavenly.

I could kill a man right now, my wings are back, baby!

As the doctor scribbled away on a piece of paper, while telling me to still be cautious I couldn't help but wiggle my fingers experimentally.

Childlike I explored that newly born movement not even listening to what I was being told.

Until the doc's voice took me back to Earth.

"Miss L/N?"

Taken by surprise I answer "Y-yes?"

"Glad to have your attention back... Anyhow these are some pain medications you can take if the pain gets too severe"

They glided a piece of paper across the table to me.

"But still keep it on the loe. Your arm is healing well and we don't want to disrupt that, right?"

I put the paper in my jacket pocket.

"Ok doctor, thank you"

"See you at your next check up, Miss L/N"

I get up and leave the office. Both arms swinging happily.

- || -

I'm holding a dirty metal bar above my head on the train with one hand... And with the other my bag of groceries!

Few weeks ago this was only a far fetched dream.

It is true what they say "You don't know what you have until you lose it"

And then you gain it back and apperacite it more like a new shiny toy.

The train soon stopped and I stepped out, the plastic bag swinging against my leg as I walked to my flat.

Wind howled through my hair, carrying frozen sprits of rain to my warm cheeks.

To avoid the bad weather I hurried up, reaching my flats door just as the first bolt of lightning struck the clouds.

My good spirits floated me to my apartment, making me hum out songs as I unlocked my door and settled the bags on the dining table.

Out them I pulled out a bottle of cheep wine.

If my joy could be counted into money I could have bought a better one but this one will do.

I took out a glass and watched as the velvety red hit the translucent shallow.

"I missed using you~" I place a quick peck on my bandaged hand, settling onto my couch with delight.

Then I felt a buzz echo in my pocket.

Shuffling around I pull it.

Seeing the contact name flickered a small flame in my heart...

"Well hello there Chuu~"

"Huh? Someone is in a good mood"

A small sip hurriedly hits my mouth "Of course I am, I got my cast removed today... And I'm drinking wine to celebrate~"

"You really out here breaking my heart drinking without me? At least could you save some for me?"

I take a louder chug to tease him.

"I don't know if I can... Have you been good?~"

A low chuckle sprinkles to my ear "Oho, there Y/N~"

I blush, but not from the wine.

"All jokes aside what's up?" I ask, my best attempt to appear nonchalant.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to tell you I'm getting released from the hospital tomorow... And I missed you"

"Really?! That's great news! In that case I might even save some wine for you"

Should I ignore the last part?

The phone line rings in his laugh "You better!"

My own ties in with his. Been a while since I heard him laugh this sweetly...

A couple more seconds and our voices die down.

I'm the one who speaks up again "I'm glad you called... Wine doesn't taste the same without you"

I hear him clanck around before he speaks up "Let me join your drinking party then. I- I uh I got soms milk here next to me"

"Yeah you do need it... You shortie!"

This probably hit him.

"Listen I know I'm an asshole but no need to bring up my he-"

"Shut it you idiot" I cut him off mid rant "Just chill with me for a bit... "

The light of my living room hits the edge of my glass as I raise it up.

"To things getting better and to us, Chuuya"

Third person P. O. V

A soft smile caresses Chuuya's face as he raises a small milk carton.

"To better times and us... Y/N~"

Both of you took a sip of your drinks on the other sides.