1

Truth or dare?

"Truth" I answer in relief rolling my eyes not wanting to play those damn dares anymore.

"What's your deepest, darkest fear?" Liam breaks the silence eventually.

Everyone's eyes landed on my freaky frozen face. Goosebumps hopped out of my skin. Gradually I started loosing the oxygen around me with a feeling being suffocated, my mind flinched for a moment deciding should I wanna tell them the truth or not!

"Being alone in the haunted house"

"Guess like you've been in the haunted house" Joe squeezes my hand crossing his left arm around my shoulder holding his brightest smile on his lips.

I glare at him for a sec pushing his shoulders off me "Joe stop being a total jerk,I haven't been to any haunted house, but hopefully planning on it" I exclaim with a fake smile hiding my secret of being in haunted house.

All of a heap the lights started flickering and we don't just see the bulb flickering, we can hear it. At first the flickers are wildly space apart, yet soon they become so close together that there is more darkness than light. Eventually the lights went off and the darkness covered the room.

My heart is beating so fast, I can see my pulse jumping in my neck. All I could think right now is about my nightmares, my brain was wandering through all the creepy scary scenes that I have watched today in Netflix. Jeez why can't my brain think of something good rather than that! But my poor brain wasn't supporting to me. I felt like being in a horror movies, the air turned black all around me.

"Yoo, this darkness is killing me, can anyone on the flashlight?" Vic howled in this pitch dark room.

"Vic you just smell like my cousin, after they dug her up.....OMG hold on I guess her soul is somewhere around you" Liam frightened Vic laughing so hard. It kinda frightened me either lol. Why can't this bitch shut his mouth at least for a min.

"Liam, this isn't the time to make fun and laugh at me. I beg you to lock your mouth at least for God's sake and help me" Vic replies in her horrified voice,
while I remember my granny telling me about nightmares while I was young, "NIGHTMARES WILL COME POURING OUT OF HELL WHEN THE DEVIL GETS DESPERATE".

"Fine, give me your hand, and yea Oh my dear, just keep walking towards me! Whatever you do, don't look behind you!" He burst out a laugh trying to make the whole squad to laugh at his stupid jokes.

I chuckled at his deadly jokes. I wanted to help Vic but my feet wouldn't allow me to do so. I steady my breath and tried to calm the panic this bitch was creating. Haha just kidding.

Liam took out his phone off his pocket "Jesus christ, my phone's dead!"

"Sure" Jayden snapped him rolling her eyes.

"What's up to your phone?" Liam fired back her with a mocking tone.

"I switched off, I'm done with my parents who call me one thousand times to make sure where am I and guess what? That sucks"

I had the same problem that Liam had that my phone ran out. Vic said her phone was in kitchen while Flynn's is resting in his car.
I cursed myself for not bringing a flashlight as I felt around the walls for a light switch.
Unluckily it was the day the moon fell hiding its light.

I took two steps forward. In the darkness, I found Flynn and pulled him into my arms. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close, gently rubbing my back. I sunk into the warmth of his chest. His embrace was warm and his strong, big arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my fragil body. His touch made me warmer somehow.

"Do you feel comfortable in this darkness?" Flynn asked leaning near my ear forming a tinglish shiver through my body.
"No, I don't" I replied whispering into his ear.
Soon his body pressure increased on me, hugging tightly. "No matter what, I'll never let anyone hurt you, I promise you" he expresses his words and promised me.

I was really flummoxed at his words. I cupped his cheeks and gazed into his eyes, "Thank you for caring me and for making me feel so loved."

"Tess, c'mon let's get my phone in the room before we get stuck to spend rest of our time in this darkness" Vic informs me. I nod in agreement even though she can't see me in the dark.
Before I could turn around Flynn, his lips brushed mine softly and ended quickly saying "Be careful" I quickly kissed him back "I'll be right back ".

I took my steps slowly forward to reach for Vic's arms. Icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness, sending shivers down my spine, "holy cra-" before I could complete my words, my mouth was covered by a cringey icy palm. I started yelling but failed. I tried my best to get off this person who was taking me downstairs, but failed again.
I started fluttering my legs so hard to bring my friend's attention and screamed until my lungs gave out.
"Who the heck are you?" I asked taking deep breath while the person let go of me.

"Tess, follow me, this way"