2

"FOLLOW ME, YOUR CLOSE JUST FEW STEPS"

I heard the voices again having no idea who's behind this darkness.

The door started banging and rattling, I followed the sound and stood few steps straight to basement. From the darkness I heard the noises no living thing could make!

Soon the sound of a child screaming came emerging behind the basement door, I peered around for the source. The only source of light were a couple of neon signs hanging on the walls. I glared around the place to examine the surroundings.

I took deep breath and exhaled closing my eyes taking steps closer to the door talking to myself, "I had never seen a ghost. But like they say there is a first time for everything."

I opened the door, then I heard a soft whispering, the cry was coming from the closet. I stood still, unsure if this is a reality or a dream, perhaps a nightmare. The cry became loud, no longer like a distressed infant but more like a wounded child. Then it all stopped.
SILENCE......
Then a new noises, soft but growing louder. At first I wasn't sure what it was or who it was, but then it struck me, it was the sharpening of knives.

I descended into the closet to investigate. My mind was waiting for the answer whether to open the closet or not. I could hear my pulse crashing in my ears. After moments of uncertainty, I agree to open the closet.

Swallowing the anxiety I opened the closet slowly. Before I could blink, a girl threw her arm's forward and grabbed me. I started to scream, but she clasped her hand over my mouth, muffling my shouts. What the hell is she doing? I thrashed around, frantically trying to get out of her grip. Oh lord, she was going to kill me. The tears poured from my eyes. My heart beat was so fast that I thought I was going to pass out.

"Happy birthday, Tess!" Hermoine, my stepsister blurted still holding out her hands, I didn't move though, I couldn't. Soon the corners of basement lightened with the sparkle hitting my eyes. All my friends came to the view clapping so loud yelling "Happy birthday Tess".
Luckily my eardrums didn't burst. I took deep breath and rolled my eyes at their stupid dumb prank they pulled on me.

Hermoine walked out the closet. My heart dropped at this stupid freaking birthday prank. How could I possibly not remember my birthday?

"To be honest, we didn't play many pranks at all. Pranks are entertaining way to pass the time"
I heard Joe whispering to Vic.

"You little scumbag, I've got your ass,
You are not even human fucking beings"

"Sure moron, we gotchu and guess what?
You deserve this" he howled in his mocking tone.

"Ugh! Woah woah woah hold on....are you suggesting me that I should get you back?"

"YO!! I know well, sorry we know, your the best prankster but that doesn't mean you should get me back!"

"Fuck off you dumpster"

"I'm hungry, Tess c'mon make a wish and cut the cake" Jayden exclaimed.
I nodded and made my way to table where the the cake was landing!

My jaw dropped when I found the cake and struck dumb.

The lightning of the flames was the perfect vibes to the cake. A rich cake, typically containing layers of cream and chocolate. The light perfections of the cake itself and the richness of the frosting has been calling. With the dessert behind them and wine glass filled and emptied....

"Woah.....COCONUT BUNDT CAKE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT GLAZE!!!
You guys gotta be kidding me right now...there's no way..."

"You like it?"

"I love it!"

"You deserve this girl"

".....awww I really appreciate everything that you guys did, thank you so much!"

"What do you mean everything?..
Is the prank we pulled included?"

"It's worth ;)"

Everyone were waiting for me to make a wish while I stood straight front of a cake. I closed my eyes,
"LET THE PAST SHADE AWAY AND THE NEW BEGINNING EMBRACE ME"

Soon after opening my eyes there was a pie attack on my face. I'd rather expected this but this was very unpleasant surprise!
I could barely see nothing, the pie was wandering all around my face, I licked around my mouth and it tasted yummy?

"You look so funny" Liam bursted into great laughter while I smashed his face with some whip cream yelling
"So does you."

"Hey, why don't you go to the restroom and splash some water on your face?" Joe winked taking a sip of wine with mouth filled of cake. Eww that's gross!

"I'd rather make her task easy." Hermoine exclaimed gushing the water on my face.

I want to scream at her. How can she not see how fucked up this is!!
My patience has run out.

"Wow, Hermoine you performed a great job!" Vic remarked at her moronic act. I let out a big sigh of relief.

"Thank you babe!"

My body froze as if it had been locked in a freezer for days. Joe and Jayden got up and gathered the plates together to clean up and cleaned the mess they created.

"Do you need any clothes"? Vic pumped out her dumb question while I stood here frozen!

"No can I get camouflage trouser?"

"Ugh! Sure I'd love to but rn fit with these" she threw her most comfy sweatshirt and her brother's boxers.

^^ COMFY SWEATSHIRT ^^