That Game We Call High School(16)

Chapter Sixteen

The Road Never Even Thought Of

*****************************

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both 

And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could 

To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, just as fair, 

And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; 

Though as for that passing there Had worn them really about the same, 

And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads to way, 

I doubted if I should ever come back. Somewhere ages and ages hence: 

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, 

And that has made all the difference. 

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost 

~*~

When we got back in the room, I darted for my bag and claimed the bathroom first. I didn't bother with the shower - I wouldn't have time to dry and straighten my hair. So, I ran a hot bath, striped down, and got into the bath. I made sure to keep my hair in a tight messy bun so that it wouldn't get wet.

I climbed out once I felt clean enough, wrapping a towel around me. Drying off quickly, I put on my under garments and then decided on an outfit quickly, since I basically already had it planned.

First I squeezed into my light turquoise, ripped skinny jeans. Then, I put on a white thick-strapped tank top, and a black and blue Hellogoodbye shirt. There was a reason behind it - They were closing for Kerli. There were only a couple of songs I really liked by them, but they were wicked awesome.

I put on my white socks and black converse, walked out of the bathroom with my duffel. Liam was already dressed in a button-up black shirt and a light turquoise one underneath. He had on some faded blue jeans with a hole in one of the knees, then his black converse.

Going to the place beside him, in front of the mirror, I took my hair down and ran my brush through it. Then, I placed a chain extension into my hair; putting half of my hair up so that the chain swung down between the tie and where I placed it. Then, I put blue, white, and silver extensions in the hair that was still down. Next, I put on some black liquid eyeliner, black eye shadow, and sparkly silver eye shadow on top of it. Lastly, I placed on my signature lavender lip stainer across my average lips.

"What time is it?" I called to Liam.

"Uh.. 6:58." He said, looking at his phone. I smirked to my reflection, grabbing my camera and taking a quick picture of us in the mirror. Liam's arm was over my shoulder as we both made the universal 'rock on' signs. We laughed while I slid my phone, money, and camera into each of my back pockets and Liam grabbed the tickets. I turned off the TV, shut off all of the lamps, and we were on our way.

~*~

"Tickets please." The person at the stand said boredly, placing out his hands. Liam slid each of our tickets through the glass. The man studied them for a moment, ripped the dotted part off, then handed them back to us. We retrieved out tickets with smiles, heading for the large, arched doorway that lead into the conversation-filled area. There weren't many people here, which meant we made perfect timing.