9

You scream. "Liongaze! What are you doing here?"

Every cat in the battle patrol looks confused. "Liongaze? His name is Lionstar."

You gasp. "What!?"

A silver tabby she-cat who you've never seen before dips her head. "Briarstar and Lizardwish mysteriously died. Now, Lionstar is our leader. And I'm deputy."

Liongaze—no, Lionstar—steps forward, meeting your gaze cruelly. "Well, well, well. A pathetic little kit. Do I know you?"

Your eyes widen. "I'm—I'm your daughter!"

Lionstar swipes at your muzzle, drawing blood. "I have no children," he growls. "My only family is my lovely mate, Silverfeather." He nuzzles the she-cat.

"You've already taken another mate?" Shiningsky snarls. "So soon? You've changed. I can't believe I used to love you."

Lionstar didn't even flinch. "Now I'm going to take over ThunderClan. And kill you and your siblings," he hisses at you. "Silverfeather? Grab them. We'll let our warriors kidnap their stupid Clanmates."

You can't believe what you're hearing. Why would Lionstar be so cruel?

Before you can fight him off, a black-and-white tom grabs you. You glance over your shoulder to see Silverfeather has Hawkpaw and Spottedpaw, and a huge brown tabby she-cat has grabbed Sparrowpaw. Darkstar screams, trying to reach his son. Bramblewish holds him back, and Shiningsky tries to grope towards you. A gray tabby tom shakes her and pins her down. "One wrong step and the kits die," he growls.

Shiningsky looks pained, but she hurries back to the nursery.

You call desperately, "Mother! Don't leave us!" But it is to late. The ShadowClan cats drag you and the others away, and you exchange a glance with Sparrowpaw.

This is the end, you think.

Go to 10.