「・1章・」

My name is Kudo Shinichi, a college student. I was a popular detective in high school, and I still am. I never really had the chance to take a break since it seemed like there was always a case going on somewhere, like I was a case magnet or something.

Due to the numerous instances I have to handle, life has been somewhat stressful for me. Over time, things appear to get better, but I can't help but miss a certain thief in white. It's been three months since Kaito KID confessed to me. He's being so egotistical by telling me all of that only to vanish right before my eyes.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about him for the past few months; I can't accomplish anything without doing so. Everyone around me has been able to tell that my mind has been a complete wreck. I want to track him down and let him know how I really feel about him.

I was at a loss as to how to respond to his confession at the time. He merely said the three words "I love you" to me, and my mind just went blank. I'm still absorbing what he said to me. All I could recall was remaining motionless and speechless as I was startled by the startling confession. KID immediately departed before I had a chance to say anything because it was clear that this sent the incorrect message. Since then, a few months have passed, and I am now a college student who goes to the same university as my best friend and fellow magician, Kuroba Kaito.

I was moving forward through the College's entrance when I noticed a well-known magician coming my way. "Shinichi, oh! Do you want to hang around after class?" Kaito exclaimed with joy. "Yes, I do have time today, Kaito." I nodded "Shinichi, you don't seem like your regular self lately and you have been acting this way for months, how are you doing? You've been zoning out a lot, the magician observed with concern. "Yeah, I'm OK, it's just that.." Kaito interrupted me "When we go to the cafe, you can tell me all you know, ok? I'll cheer you up for now by doing some magic tricks for you as we walk there." Kaito grins.

He demonstrated some magic tricks for me, but I informed him that I knew exactly how it was done and that it was "as anticipated of the great detective." "What?" I paused. "Shinichi, what is it?" "Ah, nothing, I got reminded of something," Kaito said as he stared at me in confusion. (For a little moment, I believed KID was speaking directly to me; do I truly miss him that much?)

When we got to the café, we sat down at a table for two right away. I ordered a cup of coffee, while Kaito ordered desserts.

"So the thing you wanted to talk to me about, what is it?" Kaito questioned inquisitively "KID confessed to me after I last met him on the roof of the Haido Hotel, but I was too surprised to understand what he had just said. As a result, I remained silent, my mind went blank, and I was unsure of how to respond to his confession. He undoubtedly believed I was rejecting him because of the way I was reacting, but before I could express my feelings, he left right in front of my eyes."

Kaito blushed so hard as to how cute the detective is talking about him and mentally cursed himself as to how stupid he was at the time to assume the Detective's feelings.

His face begins to turn a bright tomato red "Hey, are you hearing me? And why are you so red—hold on, did you get sick?" "Uh yeah, no, I was just zoning out a bit that's why, what were you saying again?" Kaito chuckled awkwardly breaking the silence.

Shinichi added as he continued: "As I said, I wanted to express to him how I really felt and how much I..." The magician responded with a questioning look as Shinichi begins to mumble the final phrase, "What was that?" "Nothing, forget about it." I answered, attempting to cover off my overt blush. You don't mean to tell me that my fever also spread to the great detective, right? Kaito said in jest.

I was startled by how much he reminded me of KID, calling me Great Detective and all. Perhaps he is KID? No, I'm probably dreaming things. He's just a regular person learning magic tricks, and he also happens to be my best buddy. We only met at the entry ceremony, but since then, we've grown to be great friends.

I'm pleased we struck up a conversation that day because we've been hanging out ever since, and I've truly loved his company. It helps me to be calm, but occasionally when he encroaches on my personal space, my heart begins to pound more quickly. Although Kuroba is a wonderful guy too, I'm in love with KID. I'm not sure how I really feel, but I do know that I want to find that phantom thief and make him mine. I'm the only one who can do it, so I'll track him down and take that precious jewel of his.

"Hey Shinichi! Earth to Shinichi are you there??" the Magician said frustratingly "Huh? Oh sorry I zoned out" Shinichi replied "It's getting late, and although I've been trying to catch your attention, you seem to be lost in thought, so I ordered another dessert" Kaito smiled "you really like sweets huh Kaito? Let's go then." suddenly Kaito...