「・夢・」

⋘Am I not special to you...?⋙

--------

"Where am I?" KID grabbed his arm and snapped Shinichi out of his trance "hurry up meitantei, we're going to be late for the party."
Smiled the thief in white.

"KID?!" Shinichi screamed putting both of them in shock.

"Shinichi what was that for? Yes it's me KID why are you so surprised?" The thief asked in confusion "I thought you're gone, where have you been for the past 3-4 months, KID.." tears started to well up in Shinichi's eyes.

"h-hey stop crying, I'm not getting anything on what you're talking about. I've been by your side all time, is it just now that you've noticed?" KID said reassuringly to Shinichi.

"What do you mean by that?" Shinichi cried "You'll get it soon meitantei, for now we have a big party to attend to, let's go."

The two of them are walking on an empty street, it was obviously deserted due to everyone being asleep at this hour.

They arrived at the party and it was full of people, Shinichi noticed a few people he knows.

The two walked to the group of friends "Hey guys what are you guys doing here?" Shinichi greeted "Huh? We were invited of course we would be here" replied Haibara.

"Oh, haha sorry I'm a bit forgetful today that's all, wait why aren't you guys surprised that Kaito KID the most famous thief is right here beside me?" Shinichi nonchalantly asked "Well aren't you guys dating? We all knew his real identity, Shinichi are you okay? You're acting so weirdly tonight" replied Haibara "Yeah Shinichi" KID added.

"Well meitantei, I have to go get some drinks real quick" KID smiled and vanish from my sight.

(He's always disappearing and vanishing from me like that) Shinichi thought to himself, oh well might as well socialise with Haibara for a while.

<A few couple of minutes has passed and KID still hasn't returned to me>

I decided to look for KID and suddenly the song "Somebody Else by the 1975" started playing and everyone started slow dancing with their partners. "KID where are you? Please raise your hand so I can se-" Shinichi was interrupted by the scene in front of his vision, tears started to build up and everything started to look blurry as he saw KID with someone else dancing together. They seemed to be close and happy with each other. Shinichi dropped his phone as his whole body suddenly got weak.

"W-why... A-am I not special to you..?" His voice trembled and tears that was welling up on his eyes started to fall. Shinichi couldn't handle the scene he was seeing, he immediately ran to the bathroom.

He reached to the nearest stall and locked it. He thought to himself, (Haibara said we're dating but why is he with someone else? What is this, is this a dream? If so I want this to end. Let me out of this nightmare. I don't want to be here anymore.) Shinichi thought to himself before breaking down into silent sobs.

The song echoed through the bathroom walls

<So I heard, you found somebody else...>
<And at first I thought, it was a lie.>
<I took all my things that made sound>
<The rest I can do without.>

As the melancholic melody echoed, it supressed Shinichi's pitiful sobs into hushed inconsolable sounds.

"Miss, sorry I have to search for someone right now" KID frantically looked around "Aww but the song hasn't even finished" The person replied. "I'm sorry but that person is really important to me." KID left and searched for Shinichi everywhere but couldn't find him anywhere. "Damn where could he run off to? Let me call him." *Ring Ring* (おかけになった電話番号におつなぎできませんでした。のちほどおかけなおしください) "Damn why isn't he answering his phone- wait isn't that Shinichi's phone" KID picked up the shattered phone on the ground "damn it Shinichi what happened, I need to go to the bathroom to think, this place is way too loud" KID walked to the nearest bathroom.

It was until Shinichi heard someone walked into the bathroom, the footsteps, he recognised those shoes.

"Damn that person really forced me to dance with them, I had to kept my poker face on to avoid offending them. Damn where did Shinichi go? I've been trying to find him everywhere but he's not here. Did he leave because I was taking so long, or did he.." realisation struck the magician thief, "Wait let me check my missed calls-"

5不在着信

"he didn't see that didn't he..? oh no, I have to find him now-" he said to himself to the mirrors until the music started to quiet down and the hushed inconsolable sounds from Shinichi fades in.

"Crap, I think he heard me. I can't let him see me in this miserable state" Shinichi fret to his thoughts.

"Hey, Shinichi are you in there?" The magician called out.

The song from the party fades in and the whole room is filled with echoes of the music.

Shinichi kept silent as the magician desperately
tries to search for his lover. "Shinichi please, I know you're there. Please, it was all just a misunderstanding, I'm sorry. Please just come out, I want to talk with you." Sadness filled the magician's voice.

Shinichi stood up from the toilet seat and walked to the lock of the door and then....

「著者のメモ」

わーー

俺は悲しいです。。。 🥺🥺🥺