TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE —
NOTHING HEALS INSIDE.

CHAPTER TWELVE —NOTHING HEALS INSIDE

THE FOLLOWING.
september 3rd, 1996.

ANASTASIA AND LAZARUS RETURNED TO HOGWARTS THE NEXT MORNING, NO WORDS SPOKEN BETWEEN THEM AS THEY MADE THEIR WAY TOWARDS THE AWAITED CARRIAGE. The two of them claimed seats on a opposite sides and Lazarus watched Anastasia begin to rub her forearm as the the carriage took off.

The girl slowly peeled the sleeve up her arm, burned skin revealing itself in the exact spot where the boy's Dark Mark laid on his own arm. He noticed the way that burn almost mimicked the mark in shape, twisting in ways that his own did.

"Christ, Ana. You should have said something sooner and my father would have mended that before he departed," Lazarus hissed, jumping into the spot besides her as he gently took her arm in his hands. "You're sure to have a scar if you wait for this to heal on it's own."

Anastasia only laughed softly at his concern, looking towards his face. Her eyes were hidden slightly behind her eyelashes and for the first time in years, Lazarus could have mistaken the look for childlike innocence.

"You needn't worry, Lazarus. It is but a reminder of all that my family has done in regards to their downfall," she whispered. She pulled her arm from his hands, staring at the burn in fascination.

'I can rid you of the reminder, my dear. I can fix you with ease — an untainted possession of mine is much more favorable than those who feel the pain that cripples their minds.'

Anastasia hadn't heard the Dark Lord speak to her in almost a week and she felt immediate relief when his words flooded into her mind. She had assumed her had found better than her, now assured that she was the best that he had once more.

'I wish to give you the solidarity that links you to I but it is not yet time, Dear Anastasia. We have all the time in the world to transition to one conjoined mind,' he whispered to her, her body shuddering at the flickers of the future he allowed her to see. 'Watch as I rid you of the reminder and lift your head back up.'

The girl watched as the skin on her arm began to bubble slightly, stretching and moving as if a puzzle being solved. She watched as it began to smooth and in moments, the it was as if the burn has never existed. Instead, a faint bruise rose to the top of her arm and with fascination, she realized it was a mirror of the Dark Mark.

"What—"

'I failed to see the infatuation the boy has with you, Dear Anastasia. Perhaps he would be better suited for me should you keep him close, keep him to take the fall for the things you may do,' as Dark Lord spoke, Anastasia turned to face Lazarus with a small frown.