THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN —
THE DAY SHE REMEMBERED.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN —THE DAY SHE REMEMBERED

THE BEFORE.
december 25th, 1995.

"ARE YOU EVER GOING TO TELL US WHO YOU ARE GOING TO THE BALL WITH?" DRACO ASKED FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME THAT HOUR, FIXING HIS TIE INFRONT OF THE MIRROR WITH A SCOWL. It was if the more the tried to do so, the more unkept it made him look.

Anastasia only laughed and stood up, brushing her shirt down with a small smile as she made her way towards him. She gently pulled the tie from his neck and redid the knot, pushing him back slightly when she was done doing so.

"Telling you would only ruin the surprise, Draco," she whispered softly, smiling once more when he rolled his eyes and snatched his dress robes from their spot besides Lazarus.

Lazarus, on the other hand, was dreading every moment to come. He absolutely despised dressing up, refusing to look at himself in the mirror for the fear of the reflection he would see staring back at himself.

"I reckon she's going with Saint Potter," he sneered before moving swiftly away from her swinging hand. "Perhaps it's Weasley that she's taken interest in," he continued to taunt his friend, yelping when she finally connected her fist to his body.

Draco didn't bother to join in on their conversation. He, of course, was interested in who she was attending with but he would never allow her to know just how interested he was. He wouldn't ever give her the satisfaction of knowing that he cared.

"I bet you both ten galleons that somebody sets the dance ablaze. Matter of fact, my money is on our dear friend," Lazarus chirped, jumping onto the bed as Anastasia once again attempted to hit the boy.

Her laughter run out amongst the boys' room, echoing around the small area. Draco hid his smile at the sound and instead shifted his focus onto his own reflection, rubbing the wrinkles from his dress robes.

It was nearing eight o'clock and both boys stood as they shared a look, glancing back at the girl who remained seated on the bed without interest in moving. She hadn't even dressed for the occasion.

"It's time to go—"

"Move along without me. I've decided that I would like to enter with my date alone. You two should know more anyone that I crave the attention to be solely on me," she joked, twisting her wand in her hands as Draco hesitated a moment before moving.

"I can wait with you," he spoke as he paused against the door, turning to look back at her once more. Anastasia only shook her head and smiled softly at him. "Go on, Malfoy. Pansy is surely waiting for you."

He paused once more and opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something but closed it without a word, disappearing from the room. He cursed himself the second the door closed behind him.