FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
THE SECRET IS OUT.

THE FOLLOWING.
september 12th, 1996.

BLAISE WAS THE FIRST TO NOTICE THAT ANASTASIA SEEMED TO BE FAILING IN HEALTH. His attention turned from the murmers around him to the girl walking through the door, Lazarus and Piper besides her as they dropped into a spot further down the table.

"Merlin, she looks as if she's about to fall over dead," he spoke, glancing towards Draco as he did so. His friend merely lifted his head for a second before continuing to push his food around on his plate.

He hadn't even thought about eating them, content on pushing them too and froe with his fork.

Blaise narrowed his eyes at the reaction and turned away from the girl to settle his gaze onto his friend. "Seriously, Draco. Have you seen her lately?" He pushed, narrowing his eyes when Draco suddenly dropped his fork and it clattered against his plate.

"Am I supposed to care, Zabini? It seems as if that is Blackwell's problem. Not mine," he sneered, glancing at her once more before.

Her eyes met his and he couldn't help but notice that Blaise was right in his observations.

The girl had always been rather pale but now her skin was nearly translucent. Purple hung below her eyes, the contrast against the dark color made them look nearly black. Her skin was pulled taught against her cheekbones, the appearance giving off one that mimicked the dead.

His eyes dropped to the necklace.

He noticed the way that it almost sunk into her skin. It was as if the worse she looked, the more beautiful the pendant looked sitting atop of her chest.

Blaise watched as Draco stared, following his eyes to see Lazarus throw his arm over the girls shoulders. The second that he touched her, Draco immediately turned back to his cold food and clenched his jaw.

"I take it the kiss was awful then?"

Blue met brown and Blaise hid his smirk as Draco's jaw clenched even harder. "What are you on about?" He snapped, glaring at the boy in confusion when he let out a choked laugh.

"No, Blaise, enlighten me as to what you're on about. What kiss?"

Blaise rolled his eyes, sipping at his tea as he glanced back towards Anastasia.

"I overheard a second year talking about how she'd seen the infamous Draco Malfoy and Anastasia Romanov kissing in the corridor. You don't have to lie to me, you know," Blaise scoffed, clapping Draco's shoulders.