One Day- Chapter Six

*Flashback from second grade*

" Miss, I don't have a partner," y/n said to your second grade teacher.

"Neither does Makoto, maybe you guys can work together," your teacher said.

"Makoto?" You glanced over to your classmate, Makoto, who was sitting at a table alone. He looked lonely.

"Okay!" You said, turning your head towards your teacher and smiling. You ran towards Makoto and sat down next to him.

"Hi!" You said to Makoto. "The teacher said we could be partners!"

His eyes lit up. "R-Really?"

"Mhm!"

"O-Okay! I'm Makoto!"

"I'm y/n! It's nice to meet you!"

"N-Nice to meet you too!"

"Ooh! Are you guys dating?!" A boy said from behind us.

"No! We're only friends!" You exclaimed.

"Totally. When's the wedding?" Another boy said.

"Never!" Makoto yelled.

"Y/n and Makoto sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G," they sang. Makoto stood up and stood in front of you.

"Leave him/her alone!" He yelled. "Make fun of me all you want, but don't make fun of my friend!"

"Aww he's protecting his beloved girlfriend/boyfriend! How sweet!" Him and his friends started laughing again.

"She/he is not my girlfriend/boyfriend!"

"Yeah, okay."

"Stop it!"

"Oh no, he's getting mad!"

"S-S-Shut up!" He was so loud, the entire class was staring. Out of embarrassment, you got up and ran away.