Shirt Stealer⭐⭐

Canon Series AU scene (Before the events of Tangled The Series)

Shirt Stealer⭐⭐ (OC oneshot book scene)

"I love you, Soul. I want to be with you forever!" Soul stated as she posed in the mirror, imitating Varian's voice. You see, the alchemist was too busy inventing something in his lab and forgot about the astrologer who was with him.

Bored out of her wits, Soul decided to go to Varian's room and try on some of his shirts. A habit she gained ever since Varian told her she could borrow some of his coats and shirts, since the girl would sometimes stay overnight, helping him with his projects.

Another thing that Soul kept doing, aside from trying on the Varian's shirts, was to steal some shirts she liked that Varian doesn't wear anymore.

Leading us to the present time, where Soul is wearing another one of the alchemist's shirts. Not just any shirt, but the shirt that Varian always wears. For some reason, Varian decided to wear a different shirt, leaving his usual blue-gray shirt hanging in his closet. The moment the astrologer spotted the shirt, she immediately slipped it on, dying to try wearing it but never had the chance to as the boy was always wearing it.

"Why, don't you look beautiful this morning, Soul? Though, I don't see any difference from how you usually look. After all, there's not a day where you don't look absolutely stunning."  Soul flirted with her reflection, acting as Varian.

"You flatter me too much, Varian." She responded as herself, acting shy and flustered.

"But it's true! You're  as beautiful as a rose." The girl continued to monologue in the mirror, forgetting that she was not at her house.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Varian didn't notice that his best friend is no longer beside him.

"Hey, Soul. Can you pass me my hammer?" Varian requested, holding out his free hand. A few seconds have passed, the hammer was still not placed in his hand.

"Soul?" Turning to look beside him, he noticed that Soul was not in her usual spot next to him. "She left?" He whispered sadly.

"Chitter chitter!" Ruddiger chittered, catching Varian's attention.

"What is it buddy?" He asked, scooping up the raccoon and placing him on his shoulders. "Did you know that Soul already left?"

Ruddiger chittered as he frantically pointed towards the stairs.

"Are you saying she didn't leave and she's just upstairs?" Varian was a bit confused. What would Soul be doing in his room?

Walking up the stairs, he made his way to his room but stopped for a moment as he heard giggling. What is she doing? He thought.

"Waaaah! No wonder he always wears this. It's so comfy!" Soul squealed, nuzzling into the alchemist's shirt. "If only he didn't wear this too much, I would have taken it already."

"WHAT?!!!" Varian screamed as he slammed the door open, startling Soul.

"WAAAHHH!!!" She screamed.

"What are you doing wearing my shirt?" He questioned, raising a brow and leaning against the door frame, watching the lavender-haired girl stammer and fidget in her spot.

"Well, ever since you told me I could borrow some of your shirts. Whenever you would ignore me when I would come and visit, I would come to your room and try on your clothes." Soul answered, shyly looking down, avoiding her best friend's gaze.

"Is that really all that you do?" Varian pushed, smirking a bit when he saw the girl's face burst into different shades of red.

"I may or may not imitate you....and do monologues in front of the mirror....and steal some shirts." Soul replied honestly, causing the black-haired boy to laugh at his best friend's antics. 

"You're so dorky, Soul!" Varian laughed even harder when he saw Soul hiding her face behind her hands. 

After a few minutes of laughing, Varian's laughter died down as he sat on his bed. "So....How many shirts have you stolen from me, you Shirt Stealer?" He asked, genuinely curious as to how many shirts have gone missing from him without him knowing.

".....Not including this shirt - " 

"You are not taking that."

"- fine. five shirts." The astrologer answered. Varian's eyes widen in surprise. 

"How come I didn't notice?" He asked, mostly to himself.

"To be fair, I only stole the shirts that you barely used, like that plain yellow shirt you have with green linings." Soul informed with her hands behind her back.

"Yeah, I don't even know that I owned something with that design." Varian said, shrugging. "I have to say, though." He started, earning a hum from the girl, urging him to continue what he was saying as she swayed and played with the hem of the shirt she was wearing, which belonged to the boy. "My shirt looks adorable on you. Maybe I'll let you wear it from time to time when you stay over."

At the boy's statement, Soul's face heated up, red dusting her cheeks. It was one thing pretending to be Varian and complimenting herself. But hearing the real Varian complimenting her, the poor girl thought her heart was going to explode.

"Don't boyfriends do this sort of thing? Are you saying you want to be my  boyfriend now?"

"Soul, no."