Helpless (Hamilton AU)

Cast:

Varian as Alexander Hamilton

Soul as Elizabeth Schuyler

Cassandra as Angelica Schuyler (if you are uncomfortable, change it)

Rapunzel as Peggy

Quirin as George Washington

Lance as Hercules Mulligan

Eugene as John Laurens

Hector as Lafayette

Hugo as Aaron Burr

Frederick as Philip Schuyler

It was a cold winter day. Snow littered the cobblestone roads, and frost glittered the window panes of every home. The rooves that were once painted in different vibrant colors are now painted white from the amount of snow on top of them.

Almost everyone was playing in the snow, including the Schuyler sisters. Except the oldest of the three who opted to watch instead of joining her siblings.

"Oh, come on, Cass! Join us!" Rapunzel shouted, beckoning for Cassandra to join them, who was reading a book in their garden gazebo.

"Yeah! We need help building the best snowman ever." Soul added as rolled some snow she gathered, forming it into a ball.

"No, thank you." Cass declined, shaking her head as she closed the book she was reading. "Besides, aren't we too old to be building snowmen? How do you expect to find a husband if you two continue to act like children." She remarked.

"We have all of the time in the world to find ourselves a husband, Cass. Winter only comes around once every year, and who knows if it will snow like this again next year." Rapunzel said as she dusted the snow off her yellow winter dress before she sat next to her older sister inside the gazebo.

"Aside from that, there's not many decent men to choose from. The men that mother and father showed us were too serious and awkward." Soul ranted. "And the only decent man here is married!"

"And who is that?" Cass queried, smirking slightly.

"Uhm....He's...uhh...." The lavender-haired young woman stammered, thinking back to all the men she encountered in Corona, whom she found decent. "Maximus?"

"He's not counted. He's a horse." Soul sheepishly laughed, giving up. "That's what I thought." Cass said, grinning smugly at her younger sister.

"Well, fear not, my darlings. Your Aunt Willow has invited us to go to a ball she will be hosting. Maybe you'll find some decent men there." Arianna informed as she entered the gazebo.

"Good afternoon, mother." The three siblings chorused, standing up and bowing.

"Good afternoon too, girls. It's good to see you three outside and enjoying the snow. I was a bit worried that you all would be cooped-up in your rooms." Arianna said, smiling softly at her daughters.

"We were planning on building a snowman but, Cass didn't want to join us." Rapunzel snitched, causing Cass to throw a glare at the blonde. Arianna giggled at her daughters' antics.

"Just because you're the oldest doesn't mean that you can't have fun once in a while, Cassandra."

"I'm sorry, mother, I'll join them next time." The black-haired woman apologized, bowing her head lightly.

Arianna stood in front of her eldest daughter, lifting her head up. "You don't need to apologize, Cass. Just remember to have fun and enjoy life. Alright?" She said in a comforting tone.