⭐Cheated⭐

"You cheated!" 

"No, I did not."

"I was taller than you!"

-------------------------

"Ha! I'm taller than you! Bow down to me, peasant." An eight-year old Soul commanded, pointing her stick- I mean staff, at the edgy eight-year old Varian.

"Whatever." He sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Is that how you address your future queen?" The lavender-haired girl asked as she played with the stick on her hand, hitting the edge lightly on her palm. 

"You're not even a princess. How would you be the future -" Varian stopped what he was about to say when he saw the terrifying look in Soul's eyes. "YES! Yes, forgive me, your majesty."

In blink of an eye, Soul's mood changed and she was smiling happily at the boy. "Aww..Don't worry. You'll be my future king, Vari~." She cooed as squished the black-haired boy's cheeks.

"I thought I was a peasant?" Varian thought to himself as he confusedly watched Soul prance and twirl around the room, flinching as the girl tripped before standing back up and playing around again. 

"I will forever not understand girls."

-------------------------

"It's called 'Puberty' Soul." Varian stated, quoting puberty with his index and middle finger as he laughed at the pouting lavender-haired girl.

"Well, you cheated puberty!" Soul shouted as she crossed her arms, puffing her cheeks and pouting, turning away from the alchemist.

Varian just chuckled at the girl. "You can't cheat puberty, Soul." 

Soul let out a small huff, not looking at the alchemist. Varian could have sworn he saw smoke coming out from the girl's ears, making him laugh more.

"You're not mad, are you?" He jokingly asked, looking down at the angry kitten, he would say.

Soul only huffed, still refusing to look at the alchemist. Varian thought for a second on how to get the girl's attention. After a minute or two, he snapped his fingers as an idea popped into his head.

"Want me to hug you?" He asked as he opened his arms. At the mention of 'hug', Soul perked up and immediately jumped in the boy's arms, hugging him. "There, there, little kitty. Geez, a hug was all that it took for me to get your attention?" Varian jokingly said, petting the girl's hair.

"You rarely let me hug you willingly. I'm not gonna throw that away." Soul mumbled from the alchemist's chest.

 Varian laughed in response as he hugged the shorter girl. He won't admit it, but he really liked her hugs. They were warm and made him want to drown himself in her presence.

"I still think you cheated, though." She added. 

Varian looked down at her, raising a brow before rolling his eyes and chuckling. "Yeah, whatever you say, your majesty." 

"I will still never understand girls."  He thought as he looked at the 4th wall, grinning.