⭐Baking!⭐

Poke!

......

Poke! Poke!

.....

Poke-

"WHAT?" Soul snapped at the black-haired alchemist, who was continuously poking her shoulder as she was writing in her journal.

"Do you have any cupcakes left?" Varian asked, leaning his head on the desk.

Rolling her eyes, Soul shook her head as she continued to write. "Not anymore. Someone ate them all." She teased, glancing at the boy beside her.

"I couldn't help myself! The cupcakes taste better when you bake them than when I bake them myself. How come!" Varian shouted, throwing his hands up.

"Well, I had a great teacher." Soul laughed as she nudged the boy beside her.

"Can you make more?" Varian requested.

"Maybe later, I'm busy at the moment." She denied.

"Pleaaase?"

Don't look. Don't look. Glancing at the alchemist, the girl instantly regretted it as Varian was giving her the most adorable puppy dog eyes.

"Please?" He pleaded, making his eyes bigger. Groaning, Soul stood up, grabbing a hair tie and tying her hair into a ponytail. "Where are you going?"

"Come with me." Raising a brow, Varian hesitantly stood up and followed his friend down to the kitchen. Soul then grabbed a yellow and pink apron, handing the latter to the alchemist.

"What?"

"You said you wanted cupcakes. So you're going to help me make some." Soul declared, tying her apron around her waist. Varian's face lit up as he excitedly tied his apron around him, only to notice that his apron was a bit...too feminine.

"Soul...." He started.

"Yess~?"

"Can we switch aprons? I think you gave me the wrong one." Varian requested, eyeing the pink apron.

"Nope! I gave you the right one." Soul replied, snickering as she set out the ingredients needed for making cookies on the table.

"But, it's pink. Can't I have the yellow one?" He asked, untying the apron and handing it to the girl.

"No way! I like yellow way more than pink." Soul denied. "Consider it as payment for your cookies. And besides, it's only me who'll see you in this get-up."

"Can't I just run back to my house and grab my own apron?" Varian suggested as he started to walk out of the kitchen when Soul grabbed his ear and dragges him back.

"There's no more time!" She shouted, grabbing the pink apron and putting it on the alchemist, tying it securely around his waist.

"But-"

"Look, if you still want cupcakes, you better NOT take that apron off! Are we clear?" Soul roared, taking Varian's collar, glaring at him intensely. Varian let out a small squeak as the girl let him go.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good! Now, let's get baking!"

----------------------------------

"Is this enough eggs?" Varian asked as he cracked six eggs in a bowl.

"Nope! Make it 10. We're making lots of cupcakes here." Soul answered while mixing the dry ingredients in another bowl. "After you're done with those eggs, make sure to add in the sugar-"

"Brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract, whisk them together until well-combined. I know, I was the one who taught you." Varian replied, rolling his eyes as he did what he said.

"Of course, master. I'll trust that you can finish the batter?" Soul asked as she placed the dry ingredients on the table next to the alchemist. "I'm gonna start making the icing."

"Sure! Leave it to me." He answered, raising a fist, grinning.

*40 minutes later*

"And we're done!" Soul cheered, holding up the tray of freshly baked cupcakes. Each cupcake was decorated with chocolate and vanilla buttercream icing and a variety of toppings, courtesy of Soul who had a major sweet tooth.

"Shall we dig in, M'lady?" Varian asked in a posh accent, bowing.

"We shall, good sir." Soul replied, copying the alchemist.

"This is better than usual!" Varian commented as he munched on a cupcake with chocolate buttercream and marshmallows.

"Well, we made it with the special ingredient." The astrologer replied, licking off the icing left on her thumb.

"What's that?" The alchemist questioned, raising a brow.

"Love~!"

"Why did I not see this coming?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I smell cupcakes, can I have - Varian what are you wearing?" Gold questioned as he entered the kitchen, seeing the black-haired teen wearing his mother's apron.

"Uhm..." Varian blushed as he stammered and thought of what to say. Beside him, Soul was trying her hardest not to die from laughing.

"SOUL!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"