Memories

Backstory- you are very sick. On your deathbed. This one might make you cry.

Story:
"Y/N, don't- don't talk, save your breath, you have a tube inside your mouth right now," Harry said to me. I furrowed my brows. "You might want to know where you are, well Y/N you were in an accident," His voice was cracking and his eyes were red. He was crying.

"You've broken many bones and you need a kidney transplant. They've put you on dialysis for now. I would have donated my kidney I really would have but I'm not a match. And since your parents aren't alive either... I don't know what to do." Oh he was in so much pain.

"Y/N I just wanted to say I love you. I really love you," he placed a very gentle kiss on my cheek. And that's the last I remember.

Harry's POV

I went home finally, after spending the entire day with Y/N. Just at her side, holding her limp hand. She is buried in the church a couple blocks away.

I couldn't handle this. There was pain coursing through my veins, and I wanted to replace it with alcohol. I grabbed the bottle from the cabinet-

Flashback-
Y/N- *giggles and reaches for the bottle of wine*
H- come on! Not the expensive one!
Y/N- why not? Am I not worth it?
H- oh you know it's not like that.
Y/N- I know, I was just teasing

And I put it back down. She wouldn't have wanted this. She would have said, "oh stop you idiot, don't be that cliche little guy in movies that when the person dies and they become an alcoholic and get depressed and blah blah blah!" No. She wouldn't have wanted this.

I went into the bedroom. I saw her clothes lying on the ground. For people who would walk into our room, it would be an odd sight. There was one side unbearably messy, and the other one intimidatingly clean.

Flashback-
Y/N- Harry! Harry! I need some help!
H- What?
Y/N- well, in my closet, I never really folded clothes and-!
H- please tell me you didn't just get attacked by an avalanche of clothes?
H- okay I'm going to take that silence as a yes *sighs*
Y/N- ugh thank you! I thought I would die!
H- *scoffs* you thought you would die? I almost did because of all the clothes you had in that cupboard!
Y/N- *giggles and leans in* would you prefer no clothes?
H-... actually I would *leans in and kisses her*

I walked out. Everywhere I looked there was a little bit of her. The dents in the walls which she made because of some of her guitar lessons- don't ask- the un chopped onion on the chopping board, the bit of toothpaste on her toothbrush because she never washes that thing very well. She had left her mark on everything.

The next day...

"Hello? Sir? Ah yes! Here! Your mail," our mailman Geoffrey handed me some letters. I smiled weakly and took them in, shutting the door. I read the label.

It was the adoption agency. No. No no no. Not now. Me and Y/N were trying to adopt a kid, and now we get one? How was I supposed to raise one on my own? How was I supposed to love it fully, be the bad cop and the good cop? How was I supposed to be a father?

Flashback-
H- did you ever think of having kids?
Y/N- oh yeah all the time. But since I saw my aunt go through nine months of pregnancy: all the morning sickness, cravings, and the hours of screaming! God I'm never having one naturally like I would rather adopt and give a kid a chance for a happy life.
H- I never really considered adoption. But you're right. Plus, when they get bullied for being adopted they can just hit em with the line: at least my parents chose me, yours are stuck with you! That would be awesome!
Y/N- you got that from Pinterest didn't you?
H- maybe.
Y/N- so it's settled? If we ever had kids, we would adopt?
H- yeah. Yeah we would.

Fast forward...

Y/N- okay. Okay. Moment of truth!
H- yes it is!
Y/N- except we won't hear from them for a long time
H- oh for god's sake just send the application!
Y/N- done! Done done done! Sent it! We could be parents.
H- we could be parents.
Y/N- suddenly I feel bad for our child *laughs*
H- oh come on you will be a great mom!
Y/N- and you know what you will be? An awesome dad. So incredible.

So I am going to have to stay strong. Having me will be enough for the kid. I'm going to love this kid as much as I loved Y/N. This kid will be everything for me. They will be all I have, and they will be loved. No matter what. I looked up at the photo frame of us on the wall.

I placed my hand on Y/N's face. "I promise. I promise I'll make you proud," I whispered, more tears slipping out. I went into Y/N's library, because she was almost always there. I used to go to her whenever I needed something. She would be the one to hug me, to hold me, but now she's not here anymore. So I just sank to the floor, soundlessly sobbing.

This was one of those times where the pain was so bad your heart and chest actually hurt. I half wished I would have a heart attack so all of this would just end, and I could be with her. But then I remembered I needed to make her proud. I will do good by her. I will make sure to do the best.

A/N- I cried while I write this, ngl. Anyways, what did y'all think? I actually almost hated this, because seeing one of my boys in pain is just too much. But anyways, remember to vote and comment and request!