Chapter 4: Colliding Fire

It was in the middle of the night when I felt someone tried to lay beside me. I took its feet by the hand, and its whole body fell on the ground. I put my hand on it to choke it as I blindly searched for its neck. Someone snapped a finger and the floating lights appeared.

AWWW! Both the guilty and my roommates complained because of the maladjustment of our retina with the radiance of the lights. Everybody has woken up, witnessing my elbow arched, ready to punch the criminal on the face.

"What are you doing, peasant?" I shouted.

"Please, don't hurt me!" He replied.

"I asked you! What are you doing?!" I repeated loudly as I throttled him harder.

"Can't you just relax?" He raised his shoulders and hands, while lying on the floor. I pressed my fingers harder. "Okay. Okay. I had my ankle sprained – which you took by the hand, by the way – and the reason why I was supposed to lay and sit on the floor for a while. But I swear to Harthellion, I didn't know you were sleeping on this area."

"The truth, peasant!"

"I just said it, my love." The moment he called me a name, I instantly tangled off my fingers from him. I checked on his foot and it was sprained, I can see. "Now, do you believe me?"

I rushed my fingers into the strands of my hair and rolled my eyes, falling back down to my knees. "Don't call me like we know each other for a long time. Better sleep now before I sprain your other foot."

"You might want to call me by my name before we all..." he raised his hands, "...go to sleep because the last time I checked, I'm as beautiful as the rays of the sun and surely, I don't look like a peasant."

"Oh, please," everybody in the room face-palmed.

"I deserve to be loved, at least to be respected, guys. Come on, you people," He said.

"Do it fast so I could turn the lights off now, man!" The electric guy said.

"It's Aviar Salander, my dear." He winked at me.

"I don't care. Let's just go back to sleep. So could you go back to your bed?" He was still waiting and smiling back at me, though I was not grinning even. "Like right now." I persisted.

"Oh, right. Okay," he pointed his index finger to some bed. "I'll be going now, then." Trying to get up sprained, he hardly pushed on the floor by his hands a little to make it on his own feet. Standing, he turned back and aimed for his place. But, he was still not satisfied for the moment given to him. He turned back to me asking, "Are you sure you want me to sleep on my bed 'cause I think you really want me by your side?"

"AAVVVIIIAAARRRR!!!" We all shouted.

"Fine. Fine," he raised both of his hands, positioned as if he was swearing. Electric guy snapped his fingers, turning off the burning and floating lights. As Aviar fought in the darkness, blindly sensing the blankets of the beds, he hurt his toes. "AAWWWW!!! Solid fuck! Shit! Shit!" Even if he whispered his shouting pain, everybody could still hear him whine. "This is really awful. I think I just broke my foot again."

"SHUT UP!!!" We shouted all out to him for the second time.

"Ooohhh, you guys are really sweet. I will now. Good night," he scoffed at our blatant protest. He found his bed, finally, since I could hear the sound of his covers move. As he had laid down his whole body and head on the bed and us, already resting, I heard the doorknob swivel quick. Someone opened the door and snapped a finger, making the floating lights appear again.

"Good morning, bitches! Get up! Get up! Get ready. It's your first day in school."

Everyone looked horrid with the morning riser's timing and irritating sound of his clapping hands.