sad kami? sad kami.

once i got back to the dorms, i stopped dead in my tracks. it took me a moment to fully process what i was seeing, but when i did i could feel my face heating up, as anger started to boil up inside of me. but not just anger. there was sadness, too. "what..." i whispered underneath my breath. and before i knew it, tears were silently spilling out of my eyes. "um, i'm sorry, i think i walked in on something i wasn't supposed to," i said hurriedly as i turned my back to the sight that i had just beheld. why... why was kirishima kissing bakugo? and why didn't he seem to hate it? i thought as i rushed to my room, trying to hold back my voice.

  once i got back to my room, i let it all out. to put it simply, i ugly cried. but i was interrupted by someone knocking on my door. "who is it? and what do you want?" i asked as i tried to hold back the wobbling in my voice. "it's me." it was kirishima. i didn't want to talk to him, but before i could tell him that, he opened the door and sat down next to me. "you were never supposed to see that, i'm sorry," he said. "but i did. and now what can we do about it? nothing! nothing at all! too bad for me, right?" i said, adding in an obviously forced laugh at the end. to be totally honest, in that moment, all i wanted to do was punch his face in and see him cry. but i couldn't do that. "bakugo and i... we were trying to keep our relationship secret but... i guess that didn't work out so well," he replied. my breath hitched. i figured they were in a relationship, but hearing it out loud... i tried to stay as quiet as i could while the tears started overflowing.

  "damn it kirishima! you knew i liked him! no, loved him. i thought we had an agreement! but apparently not!" without realizing it, my voice got louder with each word, until it was loud enough for my dorm neighbor to hear through the wall. lucky for me, though, my dorm neighbor wasn't in his room. "we tried to keep it a secret so we didn't hurt you! we really tried!" he replied. i could hear the grin in his voice even with my back turned to him. "he wanted to tell everyone, but i insisted that we keep it a secret! i did that for your sake-" but before he could finish what he was saying, he got cut off. "why are you spreading lies? we aren't dating, and we never will." it was bakugo, and he sounded angrier than normal.

  i sat up straight and turned towards him as soon as i heard him, but then realized that both him and kirishima would now be able to see that i had been crying (even though kirishima probably already knew based off the frequent sniffles). "why do you look like you've been crying dunce face? it's ugly," bakugo said, although his face seemed... softer than normal. "sorry, i know my crying face isn't the nicest," i said with a small chuckle, "anyways, what did you mean kirishima was lying? i saw you two... you know..." he rolled his eyes. "this dumbass decided it was a good idea to start making out with me as soon as he heard you come in the room." kirishima looked scared for his life, and with good reason, considering bakugo was giving him the death glare. "ok, whatever. can you two leave now? i assume we have homework to do from the days i was asleep," i said, just trying to get them to leave so that i could cry in peace.

  "alright, whatever idiot. c'mon shitty hair, i have some yelling at you to do," bakugo said as he grabbed kirishima by the back of his shirt collar and dragged him out of my room. i got up and closed the door, taking a shuddering breath, and then i cried. i sobbed, i screamed into pillows, i yelled at kirishima in my head, and i just let it all out, for three hours. it would have taken longer, had someone not come into my room and said "ok, i've been listening to you being angry and crying for the past three hours, and it's getting really annoying. can i just come sit with you so you can talk it out and stop crying, for god's sake?" "oh, hey, i didn't know anyone was near my dorm right now," i said with a sniffle, "sure, come sit down." i patted a spot next to me on the bed and flashed a weak smile. "thanks for offering, sero. i really appreciate it," i said as he sat down.

  "ok, so, what's bothering you buddy? and do you want me to call mina in to cheer you up," he asked, with a genuinely worried look on his face. "well, let me explain the situation, and then we can get mina and just hang out and watch tv," i said, though it ended up sounding more like a question. "alright, you talk, and let me know when you want me to respond to something you say, alright?" i nodded my head, and started talking. and i kept talking until the whole situation was explained and sero had a good idea of what was going on. "jeez, that really sucks. i'm so, so sorry that you had to deal with that. do you want me to call mina now? or do you just want to hang out for a while before we do?" i thought for a moment, and then said "i think we can call mina now, if she's free." "ok," he replied with a smile.

  a couple minutes later, after sero gave mina a brief explanation of what was going on, she was at my door. when she came in, she had a... guest? with her. "hey, i saw him at your door and he looked like he wanted to knock. so i dragged him in with me," she said with a grin. "uh, hi i guess," bakugo said, turning his face away from us. "why were you at his door? do you have any idea how much you-" sero started, but i cut him off, "sero, it's okay. let me handle this." i nodded to mina, indicating that she could let go of his arm, and walked up to him. "why are you here, and what do you want? are you here to make me cry even more? because i don't think i can shed one more tear based off the fact that i have been crying for, what, almost four hours?" i looked to sero for confirmation, and instead of saying anything, he just nodded his head. probably the safer choice. i turned my head back to bakugo to see what he would say in response, but instead of a reply, i was met with him looking down at the ground, almost... apologetically? 

  "i'm so, so, so sorry that you had to see that. while you've been, crying, i've been yelling at shitty hair. i'm really, truly, so angry at him for doing that. i never said he could, and we most definitely are not dating, though i'm not sure why you would care if we were," he said, his voice firm, but not quite angry. "wow bakubro, i didn't know you were capable of a sincere apology. that sure was something," sero said with a small chuckle. i looked down at the floor for a second, and then looked back up at bakugo. "for now, you don't need to know why i care who you date. i might tell you later, but i also might not. you can go now," i said. and with the last sentence, i waved my hand in dismissal and turned around.

  once i was sure he was out of earshot and the door was closed, i let out a sigh and sat back down next to sero. "wow kaminari, that was really big of you. but why did you say it like that," he said. "well, i know that he doesn't like not knowing the reason for things, or just not knowing things in general, so i exploited that and now he'll probably overthink it way too much and come to me practically begging for my reasoning. and if he does, i'll refuse, and it'll drive him crazy," i said with a smug look on my face. mina and sero both burst out laughing, and when i looked at them, clearly confused, mina said, "sorry, but it was weird hearing you say somehting logical, considering you're kiiiinda the friend group's resident idiot." "hey! i'm not an idiot," i said, with a tone of joking anger. "sure you aren't, buddy," sero joined in.

  i wish i could stay like this forever.