𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑)

Requested by @LAZY-EMMY

Title: Something Sour

Key: (y/a)= your age

I was called into Donnie's lab in the late afternoon, wringing my hands nervously. I didn't want to see; I didn't want to go. Raphael and his girl were having a great time talking and laughing but Leonardo and his girlfriend were having a deep talk, occasionally giggling along too.

I was scared.

Would Donnie and I come back like Leonardo and Raphael? Would we be okay or something else? Donnie was terrified, it wasn't hard to tell. But, so was I.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked, grabbing one of his giant hands in mine. He looked down at me and then back at the control he held in his other hand. Taking a shaky breath, he nodded.

"I'm just paranoid. We're gonna be fine. Actually, I was wondering if I could go alone? If you want to come that's fine, though. I just, uh..." Donnie rubbed the back of his head as his reddish-brown eyes darted around the floor. I sighed and stood on my tippy toes to tilt his chin up a little.

"Donnie, if you feel like you need to go alone, then go. Just be honest when you come back, okay?" he chuckled and nodded, leaning down to press a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you, you know that, right?" he murmured, pulling me into his chest. Giggling a little, I nodded and wrapped my arms around him as best I could.

"Of course I do. And you best believe I love you, too," sharing a short kiss, he gently dislodged me from him and walked up to the platform as I took his place at the desk. Placing my hand over the button, I looked at him and waited for his confirmation. He took a deep breath and shook himself a little before holding a thumbs up at me.

"I love you!" I grinned and blew him a kiss as he repeated both gestures. Then, I pressed the button as a bright light eloped the already-bright lab around us.

When the light died down, Donnie was gone. 

++++++++++

Donnie slowly opened his eyes and looked around, sitting up to assess his situation. He was...at April's farmhouse. Why was he there? The house itself was repainted and seemingly refurbished, the color now a shining white with no noticeable chips or sights that showed how broken-down the house was when he had last seen it.

Hearing a sound coming from the front door, he quickly dove for the side and hid, glancing around the side of the building to see who it was.

(Y/n).

She was as beautiful as ever, now just a bit older, but just as radiant as her (y/a) self from what Donnie could see. Not noticing him, she sighed and walked down to the steps that led to the lawn. Sitting down heavily, she leaned against the banister and closed her eyes.

She looked sad. Like, really sad. But, why? And where was he in this future picture?

He would get his answers soon enough.

After a few moments of complete silence, she slowly sat up and glanced over towards the barn. It was just as run-down as Donnie remembered it, though had a nice paint job. Standing, she quickly made her way over to the building, walking determinedly to the barn. Why?

(Y/n) stopped outside the door and hesitantly reached a hand out, sliding her fingers slowly down the door til they reached the handle. Grasping it slightly, she slowly pulled it open and peered into the darkness. Then, she stepped inside.