Chapter Seven

Screaming, why do girls always have to scream?

Mark held up his hands to warn his friend to stop before blowing his ear drums. "Seriously calm down, any louder you'll have the whole pack up here trying to figure out what murder we have to solve!"

"I can't help it! Are you serious! You found your mate, who are they! Do I know? Omg let me guess!"

"Rachelle, seriously, can't I just tell you?" Mark pleaded, rolling over onto his back on her bed, kicking his shoes off to put his feet up.

The feeling in his gut was back, that black hole that felt like it was eating him alive from the gut out. Ripping his heart out. Every time he was away from Fin it felt like the world was ending. Fin. Just the thought made his abdomen tighten more.

"And ruin the surprise? No way Jose, I need to know if I won the betting pool!" His best friend trilled as she jumped up to join him, plopping down a little too close for comfort, almost jabbing his side with her elbow while doing so.

"Betting pool?"

Mark wasn't as surprised as he thought he would have been. A betting pool? Only makes sense, most classmates their age had found their mates or had a pull or indication to who it could be, but Mark felt nothing leading up to the moment.

Then again his mate wasn't even in town, there was no way for him to feel any of the pre effects of their pull. He had already been eighteen with no indication of who his mate could be, and now he knew and he still felt so lost.

To put it in a betting pool though, that felt low.

"Yeah I mean everyone is in on it! I can't keep losing everything around here."

"I mean, as the omega of the pack you'd just be representing your title." Mark braced himself for the blow to the face from one of her many fluffy pink pillows. What he didn't expect was a karate chop to the throat.

Mark gasped for air, not seeing it coming. "Damn tell a man before taking his fucking breath away you prudent!"

"Marky that's not fair you scumbag! I'm not the only one, I'm just the most out there. If Joel wants to sit on his lazy bum and watch the world go by then so be it! I'm not letting my omega title hold me back from trying to find my mate, so why should you hold back from letting me guess who the hell it is!"

There it was, a nice pink pillow to the face to emphasize her words.

"I'm serious Shelly cut it out! If you want to guess just guess already but leave my good looks out of it!" He stressed while grabbing the pillow from her vice grip on it and throwing it across the room.

Mark felt bad a little bit for what he said but he definitely felt like he made up for it with the amount of blows she was throwing.

Rachelle was a big girl and he knew she had already gotten over her title and what weight it carried in the pack. He felt sorry for the little omega, he wouldn't know what to do with himself if he wasn't the soon to be alpha.

Her title didn't stop her though from wiggling her way into his life, the girl had spirit, he would give her that.

Rachelle scoffed. "What I just can't believe is that you didn't tell your mom first, or your dad! Oh man is he gonna be mad when he finds out you didn't tell him about the future Luna first." She addressed with a voice full of affection, understanding over the years how Mark and his parents were. They told him everything and he to them. How would they take it?

"Listen just guess already before I tell you, I want to handle one situation before having to face another."

"What makes it a situation, aren't you happy? What, are you not? Omg now I don't know who it is!" Grumbling she sprawled out next to him in wonderment.