Chapter 1

Hiyaaa, readers. So here goes the first chapter, hope you'll enjoy.

It was the 31st of October 1981, just after a lonely Halloween dinner, Sirius Black received an urgent letter, it read:

Dear Sirius,

Happy Halloween, I hope you are doing well. We are okay here, I know its not to wise writing letters now, that too at night time but this important or, well urgent I don't know where Lily and James are hiding with Harry but you do, please I need to ask for a favour, I've been getting a bad feeling since evening, but could you go and please check on Lily and James, see if they are doing alright? Fleamont won't let me go he reckons that I'm been paranoid but you know me, a mother can't help but worry about her children. Please let me know when will you be visiting them. Please don't go looking for trouble; oh what am I even saying but please be safe dear.

Love ,
Mum.

Sirius read the letter and chuckled to himself. Of course he'll be safe but she was right this nagging feeling, like something terrible is going to happen has been troubling him too, infact he was himself thinking to go check on Wormtail and also maybe pay a visit to little Prongslet, a fond smile formed on his face, whilst thinking about his Godson. He quickly scribbled a reply to the letter, "I'll go right now I have been feeling the same myself and don't worry so much I'm sure they'll be fine, and come on Mum you know me I don't go looking for trouble, it usually finds me. But siriusly, don't worry I'll be safe.
Love ya too.
Siri.

And he set off for Godric's Hollow as soon as he send the letter. He got on his bike and decided to check on Peter first, his heart sank when he got there, Peter was no where to be found and there was no sign of struggle, he just kept praying that whatever his mind was telling him was not true. He immediately went to Godric's Hollow and there it was, his worst nightmare infront of his eyes. "No,no,no,no this cannot be happening", Sirius kept chanting has he ran inside the house and there he was just at the bottom of staircase lying there not moving.
Sirius knelt next to his taking his face in his hands pleading him to get up, Prongs, prongs he yelled as tears flowed from his eyes but James never responded he was gone, he just couldn't comprehend it, his brother was dead. But then the heard something or rather someone moved upstairs the noise was coming from Harry's nursery it was Harry he was crying, his godson but he could hear someone else too. He carefully laid James aside and went to check, wand out he moved upstairs the house was ruined, which made it difficult to move around quickly but he got there. Harry was in his cot, crying and there was Hagrid? "Hagrid what are you doing here?", asked Sirius. Hagrid was crying, he moved closer to engulf Sirius in a hug and that's when he saw her lying cold on the floor, 'Lily' he whispered, 'is she, is she d- dea- dead too?' stammered Sirius. 'Yes, yes', said Hagrid nodding his head, tears streaming down his cheeks. Sirius broke down in Hagrid's arm. The people he loved so much, the people who loved him so much, his family, his friends and his best mate and brother and Lily flower were dead. Harry had no parents anymore, he was left an orphan. He had to get Harry out of here. 'Why are you here Hagrid?' asked Sirius remembering that Hagrid never answered his question. 'On Dumbledore's orders he asked me bring Harry to him.' he replied. At this Sirius looked specktical. 'No, you won't be taking Harry anywhere. I'll take him, he's my godson after all and before Hagrid could protest he said but there's something I need you to do Hagrid' said Sirius.

'Take my motorbike and go to Dumbledore, tell him I took Harry with me and ask him to come to the Potter Manor.' Hagrid just nodded and left.

Sirius got up as well and picked up Harry and portkeyed Harry and himself to the Potter Manor. He didn't know how he was going to break the news to them but had to tell them and he had to inform Remus that Pettigrew had betrayed them.

As soon as his feet hit the ground of the drawing room of the Potter Manor Harry's cried filled the house.