Chapter 2

Euphemia and Fleamont Potter rushed downstairs the moment they heard the cries. Sirius stood their cradling Harry in his arms trying to calm him.

"Sirius, is everything alright, what is Harry", but whatever question she was going to ask him, died as she saw the look on his face and knew at once what exactly has happened, that nothing was alright anymore. She looked again into Sirius' eyes to prove herself wrong but Sirius just looked at the ground and shook his head ashamed that he couldn't save his friends. Euphemia turned to her husband who just looked shocked and sad and burst into tears, Fleamont just held her. He himself couldn't believe what has happened, his son James, his boy was no more, his daughter in law Lily who he loved like a daughter was dead, thinking about them he broke down still holding his wife who was silently sobbing now, muttering about them being so young and gone.

She let go of her husband, and turned towards Sirius, "oh Sirius, oh dear I know how much they meant to you I'm so sorry", at this Sirius looked up for a second he thought the woman was crazy, she was sorry for him, when it was all his fault, he thought bitterly if only he had not convinced James to change the secret keeper, he cursed himself. "No, no" Sirius shook his head, looking up he said " I'm sorry I didn't reach on time I wasn't there with them, I'm sorry mum."
"No dear its no one's fault, don't you dare blame yourself for what happened" replied Euphemia. She took Harry from Sirius' arms and took him upstairs to a nursery they had created for him in the manor and put him to sleep. When she came back half an hour later, it was chaos in drawing room. Albus, Fleamont, Remus and Minerva were arguing heatedly about something and some aurors were trying to arrest Sirius!What in the devil was going in her house, thought Euphemia .

She went straight to the auror's who were trying to arrest Sirius and demanded to know what was going on at once. However, it was her husband who answered, "Oh I'll tell you what's going on, you see Albus here thinks it was unwise of Sirius to bring Harry here, to his grandparents ,to his own house" yelled Fleamont, completely outraged.

At this Euphemia looked vey confused but decided to ignore them in the moment because Sirius was more important than Dumbledore's theory of wise and unwise. "Quiet! Everyone, stop this moment" she shouted. "Just stop it. And someone please explain as to why these auror's are trying to arrest Sirius" she said glaring at the team of aurors.

"Yes, Albus, please do enlighten us why do you want Mr. Black captured for bringing Harry to his grandparents" spoke Minerva sarcastically.

"Because Sirius was the secret keeper for Lily and James and he betrayed them" both Remus and Albus said at the same time.

Euphemia's eyes at once flew to Sirius, to say he looked betrayed and sad would be an understatement, he looked hurt deeply not only by Lily and James' death but also by what Remus just said, but she recovered quickly. And rounded on Albus and Remus, "get your information right you two, before you dare to accuse my son under my roof, Sirius was not the secret keeper for James and Lily, yes he was the first choice for the position but he was an obvious choice too. So he convinced James to change his secret keeper to Peter cause no one will suspect him" she said coolly.

"But he betrayed Lily and James, he knew their location he- he told Voldemort where they were" Remus accussed.

Hearing this crushed Sirius but Euphemia had completely lost it.

"Betray? Betray Lily and James? If you knew Sirius as half as well as you claim you would know he'd rather die than betray James and Lily. He'd rather die!" cried Euphemia.

Remus looked ashamed, he silently joined, Fleamont and Minerva, who were trying to free Sirius from the auror's clutches, still not meeting anyone's eye.

"But you don't understand Euphemia his family has a history, he's a Black" Dumbledore urged.

"No he isn't, he is a Potter he hasn't been a Black for six years, Albus, he is my son and he would never betray his brother" replied Euphemia Potter.

"I'm sorry Euphemia, but I really can't help this case, the evidence is against him" said Dumbledore not backing off.

"I have already lost one son tonight Albus, you will not be talking my other son from me. Also, Harry needs his Godfather" that said she walked towards towards Sirius ending the discussion for once and all, leaving Dumbledore defeated.

The auror's have left by now and everyone just stood there silently.

The closer she got, the more guilty Remus felt, she stopped right in front him. "Come with me, both of you" she said, when neither of them moved from their spot, she sighed and spoke again, this time more sternly "Sirius, Remus come with me right now".

Hope you all enjoyed, please let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Happy Reading!!!

P.S. I know this is only the second chapter but I love Euphemia Potter, she is awesome.

I know this chapter is very dramatic but come on, you are reading a Harry Potter fanfiction in which Sirius is involved what do you expect??!!

Anyways, thanks for reading.
Love ya!
Okay, I'll go now.
Byeeeee!!