Chapter 6

Hiyaa, readers!! How y'all doing? Hope everyone is doing great.
Happy Reading!

Auror Office

Mad-eye Moody's POV

"HE GOT AWAY! GOT AWAY? YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT THIS ENTIRE TEAM OF YOURS COULDN'T CATCH THAT FUCKING RAT! THERE WERE A BUNCH OF YOU AND HE WAS ALONE AND HE ESCAPED!!!" roared Sirius Black.

Earlier this morning I went to the location that Sirius told me about, to catch Pettigrew, with my entire team honestly, I was dissapointed with my work, I understood Sirius' rage he lost his friends after all and with Pettigrew betraying them but he needed to calm down, Peter had used some kind of powerful dark spell, huh, guess he did learn something from his master. The ministry was already in utter chaos and today's event made more mess, Auror's are injured and Pettigrew blew up an entire street, killing 13 muggles, he distracted us and fled during the explosion unharmed, though he lost a finger but unharmed and currently hiding somewhere.

I sighed and said "Calm down Sirius, I understand you are angry and upset but this is not go- "CALM DOWN I AM NOT GOING TO BLOODY CALM DOWN WHEN THAT RAT IS ON THE LOOSE, YOU UNDERSTAND NOTHING, HE IS THE REASON JAMES AND LILY ARE DEAD. HE WANTED HARRY DEAD, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!!! YOU BETTER FIND HIM MOODY OR I WILL HUNT HIM DOWN MYSELF NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. FIND HIM. FIND HIM I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES JUST FIND HIM" interrupted Sirius.

Everyone just looked at Black, shocked and feeling bad for him, no one has ever seen him like this, he looked defeated. Sirius always put up a strong face, so seeing him like this must had an effect on everyone.

I started again "Sirius, we will find him, we are searching for him but we have no lead, don't worry, go home, we will catch him soon" I got up and walked him outside the office, he nodded then "I'm sorry, I yelled at you, I-I- just can't let him walk free after what he did" said Sirius. I nodded in understanding and then as he apparated I returned back to my office.

Remus saw as Sirius walked into the Harry's nursery, he looked miserable, he is always checking on Harry, the first thing he does when he returns home. He didn't notice his best friend standing by the window, he just picked Harry in his arms, he was a fun and lively child but now a days he just sleeps the day away, he no longer plays with his toys and hardly laughs, he looks tired even for an infant, he has been having nightmares and crying all night, well he did witness horrible incidents after all, Harry soon drifted off to sleep and Sirius gently put him on his cot.

That's when Remus made his presence known, he had been watching the godfather and godson all this time. He walked over to him and gestured to walk outside the room, once outside he started speaking 'It's not your fault, Sirius, stop punishing yourself you-', but he was interrupted by Sirius 'It is my fault, if only I had not convinced James to change the secret - keeper, he would have been here Moony, with his son, have you seen Harry he is so sad and ill, we can't make him happy, I'm not a good godfather, I don't want to fail him, like I did to James and Lily, they trusted me and 'Sirius, listen to me, it's not your fault, Peter betrayed us and you are not failing Harry, you are going to be the best godfather Harry could ever hope for, but for now we just have to let him adjust to this new environment and shower him with love. He has witnessed an horrendous  thing and he is having nightmares, it'll get better with time' Remus cut him off.

'I think you are right, how are you always right?' Sirius mocked and both chuckled. Then Sirius spoke once again 'But Peter will pay for this, I will have him chucked in Azkaban', Remus just nodded.

Together they walked downstairs to find Euphemia sitting there alone, so they made their way towards her.

Before Sirius could say anything she spoke up 'I heard what happened, he got away and he killed a bunch of muggles'.

Sirius just nodded. 'And you yelled at the entire Auror department, and told Moody that you'll break the law and hunt Pettigrew down yourself?, she asked.

'Yes, I said that and I'll do it myself if they can't do their job', answered Sirius stubbornly.

Euphemia sighed and said 'Well I know I can't change your mind on that and I won't but don't go creating problems for yourself, also a letter has arrived from the ministry for you' and handed him a letter. 'Read it and tell me what's it about', she said.

He raised an eyebrow at the envelope and looked at her, then he looked at Remus and opened it.

Sirius quickly scanned the letter and started slowly 'what the fuck' he said,  'Sirius, language!' Euphemia exclaimed. When Sirius didn't reply Remus took the letter from his hand and read it and said 'the ministry has summoned Sirius for a trial, Pettigrew's mother has filed a case against him for killing Peter.

'But he is not dead, he fled' said Euphemia, 'no, he is not, but his mother believes he is dead, she claimed that her son would never do such a thing and abandon her', Remus replied.

'That is outrageous, it is us who's family has been killed, but of course they want a trial, well, he have nothing to worry about, we have done nothing wrong, we have alibis', said Euphemia.

Sirius just nodded and left the room. Euphemia looked at Remus who looked distressed and weak and said 'Fleamont and I are going to meet Petunia today, we will be back by dinner, if you need anything just ask Tory and you need to rest. Don't worry about him, he'll be alright', and left the room.

Hope you liked it. I said I would update soon, but I couldn't come up with anything, idk why but this chapter was kinda hard to write and I know it's not that good but here it is.

Please let me know in the comments if you liked it or not.

Thanks for reading!