Chapter 7

Later that day at school, Addison was walking down the hall on her way to her next class, when she passed Zed.

"Oh... hey. I thought you were leaving," she said, avoiding eye contact.

"I am. I just came to say goodbye and clear out my locker."

"Oh. Bye," she said angrily, about to walk away when he grabbed her arm and pulled her close.

"Look, Addie... I'm sorry. I don't see why we can't still be friends."

"Because I love you!! Do you know how hard it is to just ignore your feelings for someone and be friends?!" While Zed and Addison were talking, so were Wyatt and Willa. She elbowed him and pointed at them.

"Remember that bet we made," she asked. "Well you're about to loose." He looked over at them and saw them talking. They both looked like they were on the verge of tears. "You better act fast." He hesitated then ran over to them and hugged Addison.

"Baby! What's wrong?" He kissed her forehead and held her.

"Baby," Zed asked, raising an eyebrow. "You two are together?"

"No!!! We're not," she yelled.

"We are. Tell him, sweetie." Zed looked confused and slowly backed away, hiding his sadness.

"That's nice... umm... bye, Addison."

"Zed!!! Wait!!! He's lying!!!" It was too late. He was gone. Wyatt smiled slightly and let go of her. She immediately burst into tears then ran away.