7. The party

Buttercup pov:
So Arc and I have been working so hard. And we acctially finished the song.
A few more hours and then we had to preform.
I was so nervous!
Arc looked at me.
"Calm down. We got this." He said.
"But what if we don't?! What if we fail? Then it would be so humiliating and then-"
But Arc kissed me.
"I had to make you shut up..."
I looked at him.
"Thanks..."
He looked at me.
"Two hours left, what do you want to do before we go up?"
"What do you mean?"
"To take your mind off things, you look like you need it."
"Oh... I'm fine..."
"Liar."
"I'll get through. Don't worry..."
"There's nothing to be nervous about. We worked hard on this and we got this."
"How are you so calm about all this?"
"Look at it like this, our two squads + the unicornsquad and Sir Gareth. Nobady else is out there. No one would laugh at you, Sage would probably at me but no one would laugh at you."
"You think so?"
"I know so."
"Thanks Arc, that means a lot."
"Anytime."
I hugged him and we looked at the rest of the school.
"So, I should probably head over to the fenikssquad. I'll see you in an half hour. Then we can prepare and preform." Arc said.
"Okay, I should head over to Sage anyways..."

Sage looked at me.
"Buttercup! There you are! I've been looking for you."
"You have?"
"Yes. I talked to Sir Gareth, if you and Arc fail this you need to do all Fizzwick's chores for the next six month."
"What?!"
"So I asked if you could go solo, since Arc is going to drag you down in this."
"Solo-?"
"Yea and you could use this, from when we were younger..." Sage said and she handed me a paper.
"Our song...?" I said softly.
"Yea, do you remember?"
"Ofcourse! We used this everytime one of us was upset..."
"Think about it."
Sage left and I looked at the paper.
It meant a lot to me when we were little... But I can't let Arc down, right?
Although... What if he dragges me down?
I shoke my head.
Don't think like Sage... Not now.

Arc pov:
Ciara looked at me.
"Nervous?"
"No. Not at all..."
"You're always fiddling with your pockets when you're lying." Warwick said.
"Okay, mabey a little..." I admitted.
"And that's normal. You're about to preform for the whole schopl with Buttercup." Prudy said.
"And you only had two days to prepare!" Ciara added.
"Really helping, girls." I said.
"Sorry..." they both said.
"Good luck. You should find Buttercup. It's almost time." Warwick said.
"Yea..." I muttered as I left.

I saw Buttercup by the lake with a paper in her hands.
"Something wrong?" I asked.
"Arc! You- you scared me."
"Sorry..."
I looked at the paper.
"What's that?"
"Nothing..."
"Buttercup..."
"Sage told me something."
"Is something wrong?"
"I don't know..."
"What did Sage tell you?"
"If we fail this, we have to do all of Fizzwick chores for the next six month."
"What? That's not fair."
"Sage thinks that I'd fail this because of you..."
"I think I already know what's going on..."
"Arc I-"
"I get it. She gave you some sort of sentimental song of your past and now you're going solo."
"That's what Sage wanted..."
"But...?"
"I'm not doing that."
"You're... not?"
"I'm not letting you down."
I smiled and Buttercup tore her paper apart.
"But didn't mean it a lot to you?"
"Yes it still does. But I don't want to let you down Arc. We're in this together."
"We certainly are."
"Only ten minutes left..."
"We should prepare."
"Yes, we probably should."
"C'mon. We better hurry."

So we were by the 'stage' and only two minutes left... And Buttercup total freaked out!
"What if we fail anyways? What if it's going to be humiliating or when we-"
"Calm down."
"But-"
"Buttercup, like you said; we're in this together. We got this. Okay?"
"And what if we don't?"
"Do you trust me?"
"What's that for question?"
"Just answer."
"Yes of course."
"Then trust me on this one. We got this."
Buttercup smiled softly.
"Okay..."

So we went on and I saw that Sage seemed pretty pissed, score!
Buttercup looked at me and I nodded once.
She took a deep breath and started singing.
"Hearts on fire. We're no liars, so we say what we wanna say. I'm awakened, no more faking. So we push all our fears away. Don't know if I'll make 'cause I'm falling under. Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder. I wanna fly. Come alive. Watch me shine!"
Then we locked eyes as we sang together.
"I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now till eternity. Hands up if you believe. Been so long and now we're finally free."
Buttercup smiled and she continued.
"We’re all bright now, what a sight now. Coming out like we’re fireworks. Marching on proud, turn it up loud. Cause now we know what we're worth."
"We know we can make it. We're not falling down under. Close my eyes and feel my chest. Beating like thunder. I wanna fly. Come alive. Watch me shine. I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now till eternity. Hands up if you believe. Been so long and now we're finally free. I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now till eternity. Hands up if you believe. Been so long and now we're finally free." was our other duet.
Buttercup looked at me.
"I got a spark in me."
I smirked.
"I got a spark in me."
"And you're a part of me."
"Now till eternity."
"Been so long now we're finally free! Finally free..."
Buttercup ended the song with some vocals and we locked eyes.
We total nailed it!
Then she did something which suprised me the most.