Chapter 5

"I'm going to kill her!" Damon roared angrily, while listening in on the phone conversation between Stefan and Elena. He rubbed his palm down his face and took in a long drawn out breath, trying to calm himself. He couldn't believe she had un-daggered Elijah. No, he took that back, he could believe it. She had a really bad habit of doing some really dumb things. All in the name of doing what was right and trusting people. Damon rolled his eyes dramatically. If he had a nickel for every time he'd heard that stupid shit, he'd be even wealthier than he already was.

When Stefan woke up that morning without Elena in his bed, they both already knew something was up. Neither of them ever expected she would go this far though. When they went down to the cellar and opened the door to the room that was suppose to be housing a daggered original and there was no one; Damon had felt a rage simmer inside of him that he hadn't felt since he found out about Katherine's betrayal. He was really at his wits end with the Petrova doppelganger's.

Stefan shoved his hand in the air towards Damon to keep him at bay, while listening to Elena trying to reason with him that she was doing the right thing. Damon could hear everything she said and he could only shake his head in disbelief at her ignorance. He honestly didn't know how she survived with all the dumb things she did. Did she not realize that there was nothing to keep Elijah from coming to the boarding house and ripping his and Stefan's throats out for daggering him in the first place. There was also nothing stopping him from joining his brother Klaus' little crusade and then they would all be monumentally screwed.

They finally had the upper hand with faking Bonnie's death and then Elena had to go and screw it all up. Angry didn't begin to cover how he felt at the moment. He listened as Stefan continued to placate Elena and her little scheme. He shook his head disbelievingly. His brother really was whipped. Damon loved the girl, but he had no problem telling her when she was being stupid.

"Alright Elena," Stefan said in his usual calm tone. "I trust your judgement. Call me with any details and let me know what you find out." He paused waiting for her response. "Love you too. Be careful. Bye."

Stefan hung up the phone and slid it into the pocket of his jeans. Damon advanced on him instantly. "You know she just screwed us right?"

"Elena knows what she is doing and I trust her-"

"Judgment," Damon said furiously, cutting him off. "Yeah I got that. Even though I think you're an idiot."

Stefan rolled his eyes and started walking away from his brother. Damon was having none of it though and followed after him. "You always go along with everything she says and does, even though it usually ends up with someone else getting hurt. Namely, one of us; or really more importantly, me."

"Damon," Stefan sighed heavily. "I really don't feel like having this conversation with you right now. What's done is done and there's nothing we can do about it."

"Well I really don't feel like having to clean up another one of your girlfriends messes, but here we are."

"She'll handle it Damon."

"I'm sure she will Stefan." He said, grabbing his favorite leather jacket off the back of the couch and shrugging it on. "and I'm sure we'll all pay the price for it."

Stefan narrowed his eyes as he watched Damon grab his keys. "Where are you going?" Stefan asked before Damon could leave the boarding house.