Chapter 7

Damon knocked on the front door; it was green, like her eyes. It was an odd feeling honestly, he didn't go too many places where he had to knock. Most houses he already had an invitation so he could come and go as he pleased, this house however, remained impenetrable. He knew that he would never get an invitation either. She would probably look at him like he was crazy when she opened the door and seen it was him standing on her front porch, but he had to see her, had to speak to her, one last time.

A feeling of nausea crept through his stomach and up to his throat. He forced the feeling away. The last thing he wanted was to vomit blood all over her front porch. He was getting weaker though. He placed his hand on the door frame to steady himself and help hold his body upright.

She hadn't answered the door yet and his body was getting impatient. He knew she was home, he had parked his Camaro behind her ridiculously small Prius in the driveway and he could hear the steady beating of her heart coming from somewhere in the house. He needed her to move her cute little ass cause he wasn't sure how much longer he could stand there without collapsing. This whole werewolf bite thing was a royal pain in his ass.

He knocked again, slightly harder this time, he figured she was probably still asleep. It was pretty early for a Saturday morning, but he would stand there and knock on her door until she answered. It wasn't like he had to worry about her dad answering the door because he was never home. He wasn't sure how he knew that, but he did. Honestly, what was it with the parents in this town? If only he knew what his little girl was up to while he was away. Risking her life everyday for her friends. Maybe he'd stick around more...or maybe he wouldn't.

The sound of footsteps running down stairs, pulled him away from his reverie. There was a window in the door large enough to see the person on either side of it. There were curtains covering the window, but they were white and not very thick, so Damon could still see the silhouette of her small frame walking toward the door. He noticed her steps faltered when she caught sight of who was on her
porch.

Damon swallowed hard, unsure of what her reaction would be. He prepared himself to have to beg her to open the door. He wasn't usually one for begging, but if it meant that he could talk to her one more time he would.

"You know I can see you little witch." His voice was weak and raspy. He cleared his throat in an attempt to bring back his usual timbre.

She stood a few feet away from the door that she hadn't yet opened, so when she spoke, she raised her voice slightly even though she knew Damon could hear her just fine. "What are you doing here Damon?" Her tone was hesitant, but not out of fear.

"I just want to talk to you Bonnie." He pleaded, hoping she would take pity on him just one last time.

"Talk to me about what?" She asked, trying hard to keep the curiosity for why he was at her house out of her voice.

Damon sighed. "Please open the door. I'm not going to try and hurt you or anything."

Bonnie snorted. A sound that should have been unattractive, but she somehow made it sound cute. "As if you could," she stated confidently.

Damon chuckled and then winced in pain, grabbing at his side. Bonnie must have noticed something was off because she rushed to the door and swung it open, but remained on the inside of her house.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

He was annoyed with himself. This wasn't how this was supposed to go. When he had decided to show up at her house, he had had no intention of letting her know what was going on with him. That was just his luck though. Gritting his teeth, he stood up straight and removed his hand from his side. "I'm fine, just a little pain in my side is all."