Chapter 1

You're a 3rd year student at UA Academy and despite being quiet and distant, you're quite popular. It's all thanks to you're big brother, the #2 Hero, Hawks. It's not that you mind that he's the reason for you're popularity but it just annoys you that people only want to be close to you because of him, hoping that they would snag a chance at working for his agency or just being noticed by Hawks.

Majority of the people you meet are only interested in your connection with him. Although not everybody has the same motive for friendship.

Take your bestfriend for example, Kirishima Eijiro, the nicest guy you have ever met. He was the first person to approach you when starting at UA and you just thought that he genuinely wanted to get to know you.

Of course, given your past experience with meeting people, you expected that he had the same motive as the others do.

Sensing your suspicion, he quickly reassured you that he really wanted to get to know you and become friends. You we're surprised by this confession since it was the first time that someone genuinely wanted to make friends with you and you've been close ever since.

The present:

You just got back from your internship and it's no surprise that you interned at Hawks' agency along with Kirishima. Though this sparked rumors, you just ignored the gossip and focused on becoming the best hero you can be.

You and Kirishima are lounging in the common room sitting side by side on the sofa while the rest of your classmates are eating dinner, doing their homework, and just chatting.

Kirishima:
Sighing, he said "I guess today wasn't as eventful as I expected." feeling disappointed.

Y/N:
"Yeah, but it was nice to just walk around seeing the streets and the people safe from villains." you answered in a positive voice trying to lighten up his mood.

Kirishima:
"You're right. Wouldn't want villains terrorizing my town. Because if they do, I'd make them sorry they even became a villain." holding his fist in the air and all cheered up.

You giggled at his remark and heard your phone beep indicating a notification. You took your phone out of your pocket and checked what it was about. It was from a daily news app about hero's and you were headlining the current news. Kirishima looked at you staring at your phone with your brows furrowed. He nudged you with his elbow.

Kirishima:
"Hey, you okay? What is it?" he asked in a worried tone.

You grumbled loudly hinting your irritation of the tabloid you just read and showed him your phone.

Y/N:
"These people just won't stop! I mean they've been going on and on about this rumor that you're only 'dating' me so Onii-chan would notice you!" you stood up irritated, walked around the coffee table, and turned around to face Kirishima with your hands on your hip.

Y/N
"I mean seriously! How many times do we have to tell them that there is nothing going on between us, except that we're bestfriends and that Keigo let you intern at his agency because he was grateful that you genuinely wanted to make friends with me and that he thinks you're really strong!" you're now huffing mad at how ridiculous people can get for coming up such stories.

Kirishima:
"Look, calm down. Those people just don't have anything better to do and I bet you that the one who wrote this is probably the worst writer they have and was given an ultimatum that if he/she doesn't come up with a great story, they'd fire him/her." he handed you back your phone and crossing his arms, cocking an eyebrow trying to find humor in the situation.

Y/N:
"Hmmmm. Maybe. But seriously, this rumor has been going on since we were first years and now people actually think its true because it hasn't died down! And no matter how we deny it, people think we're the ones lying." voicing out your frustration.

Before Kirishima could respond, you heard Todoroki Shoto chime in entering the common room.

Todoroki:
"Why would people think you were lying?" he asked, oblivious to the new rumor.

The sudden interruption to your tiny outburst startled you. You turned towards Todoroki standing beside you.

Y/N:
"Oh! Hey Todoroki-kun. There's another news about me and Kirishima." handing your phone for him to see.

He took the phone from your hand and read the story before handing it back to you without saying a word.

Y/N:
"Pathetic right? Uuggh!" walking back and plopping yourself on the sofa.

Todoroki just stood there, pondering on what to say to at least cheer you up.

Todoroki:
"Yes, really pathetic. Although, I'm baffled by the writers lack of originality and imagination." he plainly said.

Y/N:
"What do you mean?" you asked with a confused look on your face.

Todoroki just shrugged his shoulders.

Todoroki:
"I don't know, I mean he/she should have come up with a more interesting story, like...... Kirishima got you pregnant and that Hawks is trying to cover up the pregnancy." he said nonchalantly.

You and Kirishima looked at him with wide eyes and jaws on the floor, surprised at what he said and unsure whether he was being serious or just joking. Seeing both of your reactions, he giggled.

Y/N:
" Todorki-kun. Were you actually trying to be funny? " you asked still wide eyed.

Todoroki:
"Yes! You should see the look on your faces." he was now laughing looking at both of you.

You and Kirishima looked at each other. Seeing both of your reactions, you composed yourself and looked at Todoroki again.

Y/N:
"Seriously, Todoroki-kun, that was your lamest attempt on humor ever!" you were now laughing along with him, not because of what he said but because of his failed attempt to be funny.

You looked at Kirishima who was shaking his head and giggling at what just happened.

Todoroki:
"I know it was lame. But it made you smile, anyway. So I guess it wasn't that bad." he said smiling and proceeded to head to the dining area where your other classmates are and sat next to Yaomomo-chan.

Kirishima was looking at you, worried at how these rumors were making you sad. He was about to say something when you yawned.

Y/N:
"Alright! Time to hit the hay. Goodnight Eijiro, I'll see you in the morning." you put your hand on his thigh and pushed yourself up from the sofa.

Kirishima:
"Hey, y/n. Don't think too much about those rumors, okay? What's important is we know the truth and that one day they'll eat their words and be humiliated by what they've done." he said to you reassuringly being the best friend that he is, not wanting you to be bothered by those stupid rumors.

Y/N:
" I won't." you respond with a smile.

You turned around to bid the rest of your classmates goodnight and made your way to your room. Thanks to Todoroki-kun's comment, you'll have a good night's sleep tonight.

*****'' Authors Note:
I'm not quite so sure about what note to leave, but I feel like I should seeing as other authors do too. Anyway, if you're reading this, thank you so much. I haven't worked out the details regarding the flow of this story yet, but I know how I will end it. Im not sure if I should ask for suggestions or what not, but if you do, it will be most appreciated. Take care! 😊