Chapter 12

"Wei, it's time you open your eyes. I keep telling you he is not actually Shitaka." Yunlan says.

"That's right! Peng Qui might be the actor playing Shitaka's character, but his true nature is a vermin - no a wild beast, stalking Riju and waiting to strike! I am dead set on him not associating with my Riju. If it comes to this......."

Wei points at Peng Qui "I'll create a perfect crime from Yunlan's new book on you! I got an early copy from him. You better get ready for it"

"I've already read that book myself Wei ďà ýē. So there's no point in trying" Peng Qui said.

"It hasn't been released yet! How the hell have you read it already?"

"I'm enjoying a very good relationship with Zhao Yunlan through my work on the drama."

"A g-good relations-ship?"

Wei angrily grabs Peng Qui's collar "You despicable brute! Riju wasn't enough for you, so you have got your lecherous paws all over Yunlan too?"

Yunlan sighs and holds on to Wei pulling him beside and looks with soft eyes "Wei, how exactly does your brain reach such bizarre conclusions?"

Yunlan sharply looks back at Peng Qui "You know what I want to say right?"

"Don't get mad at me Zhao Yunlan. We finally got a chance to see each other, too."

Just then Riju walks in with sports wear outfit "What's going on here?"

Wei who was angrily looking at Peng Qui suddenly changes to a smiling happy person. (Imagine flowers floating above Wei's head). "Nothing, we were just talking about Yunlan's book"

"Okay.....ahh right, papa?"

"W-What is it Riju?"

"Can I go on a trip with Qui on my winter break?"

Wei immediately becomes serious and harshly rejects Riju's proposal "Ofcourse not!"

A look of irritation passes through Riju's face "Why do you blindly insist on saying 'No' for everything?"

"Why? Obviously because........"

Riju looks back at Wei with murderous gaze and keeps on scowling at him. The sudden change of expression startles Wei.

"R-Riju, what's wrong? Why are you scowling like that?"

"Qui has to be on locations all the holidays because of his work. So, if I don't go with him we can't spend Christmas or New year's together."

"Well, Christmas and New year are the holidays to be spent with the family not with the outsiders."

"If I allow Riju to go with this brute than.....my pure little Riju won't be pure anymore. I can't imagine him getting soiled in the hot springs"

"But, papa________"

"YOU.ARE.NOT.GOING. and thats FINAL"

Wei angrily walks out on them and storms to his room. Riju stands there quietly with sad face and his hands clenched in a fist.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤▪︎

A few weeks later, Wei and Yunlan decide to go on a date at an expensive restaurant. But Wei's was not in a mood to enjoy the atmosphere. Yunlan tried to cheer him up by ordering the most expensive steak he could find and a red wine to match it up. But it still did not lighten up Wei's mood.

Yunlan sighed "So, he hasn't spoken to you since then?"

"I can't believe Riju talked back to me. Is he going in a rebellious stage right now? He never raised his voice at me and always listened to me. It must be that vermin. He thought Riju how to rebel against me....."

"Wei, why don't you let Riju go with Peng Qui?"

"How can I let my son go with him. Who knows what he will do to Riju when they are alone"

"You know very well what they will do"

"And that is why I am not letting him go"

"We have already done it Wei, why don't you let him decide that?"

"He is a kid for gods sake. We are adult, what if Riju regrets it later. I have seen him regret things after he does something and it's difficult to get him out of it. He is my son, I know what is right and wrong for him"

"Fine, forget it! No use of discussing over this issue. Even though it's sad to know that you are spending time with your family on Christmas, I was thinking of kidnapping you mysef"

"Kidnap me? To where?"

"Very sad, as even I will be on the TV set during that time and will be unable to see you as well."

"So, I won't be able to see Yunlan on Christmas eve or the New Year as well? Is this how Riju feels? Now I understand exactly how Riju feels. May be I should give him some slack, they are in love anyways"

"That's bad, I will miss you. But it's okay, I have Riju"

"How unfortunate, I wanted to make sure your body is unable to stand being without me"

"Y-Yunlan....what are you saying" a cute blush adorns his face like a vale.

"Since we won't be able to see each other much, let's enjoy the time we have for now"

"Yeah, you are right!"

They pick up their wine and cheers before taking a sip of their drinks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they retuned back home from their sweet date, the lights at the house were off and it was plunged in the darkness.

"Huh? Did Riju go to sleep already? Why is the house in darkness"

They walk in the house and try to find Riju, but no one answered his calls.

"Where did he go this late at night?"

"Wei, calm down! He must have gone to one of his friends house"

"He always tells me if he goes somewhere. This is not like him"

"May be he is too angry at you and went to stay with his friend"

"Was I that rude to him?"

"Well no, but you were hard on him"

"Just call his friends and see where he is at"

"Okay, give me a minute"

Yunlan makes several calls but he still looks worried and disappointed.

"What's wrong?" Wei asked when he saw the worried look "Did you find out where is he?"

"No, I called every one of his friend and he is not at their house"

"Yunlan, I am worried. Where can he be at this late".........."Ahhh...yes, call that vermin"

"Vermin?"

"His boyfriend. Hope he is not with him"

"Okay!"

Wei walks into the kitchen to get a glass of water and finds a letter stuck on the fridge.

"To Papa,

I know you won't allow me to go with Qui. So I am going myself without your permission. He will keep me safe and I will be fine. Don't worry about me.

Yours,
Riju.
"

Wei screams loudly after he reads the letter and that startles Yunlan who drops his phone and runs in the kitchen.

"WEI! WEI! Whats wrong? Why did you scream? Did you hurt yourself?"

Wei turns around to face Yunlan with his teary eyes.

"Y-Yunlan......Riju.....my Riju......He ran away from home"