foreword

I was always fascinated by the idea of "last time". It could really mean two things with the first being a recall of what happened recently. Like, "we went to this place last time". It talks about something that happened in your recent past.

However, it's the second definition that really intrigued me.

"Last time" implies that what you are experiencing right now is the last of its kind. It will not happen again. It will never come across your way again.

You will never experience that again. Forever.

That last time could be anything, as well. It can be a person, a place, a taste, a feeling. It can be anything in this vast, vast world. It can mean anything. It can apply to anything.

That's why I found it interesting enough to make enough poems about it to make a collection that is now in your hands...screens, whatever.

I also found it interesting how people react when they realize that something was at the "last time" state. They begin to reflect. They begin to recall all the times they spent with that something. In short, they realize how much they loved and/or appreciated that something. They begin to feel sentimental. They begin to remember.

Most of the time, that remembering is accompanied by something that screams poetry at me.

Regret.

It's the thickest emotion out there besides love and rejection. It's regret. I found it intriguing how people react to this emotion. I also found it intriguing that people can regret almost anything.

This is why my fifteen-year-old self found it easy to write about this at such a young age. Perhaps, she has experienced regret, too much, that she needed enough stories to pour herself into. Perhaps. We may never know.

So, sit back. Enjoy this collection I have compiled from my old writings. I do not promise exquisite poems. I only promise that inside, you will find stories. Stories that may or may not make you feel as if you are inside them. Stories that reflect real lives, real scenarios, and real emotions. Stories that as you go along with life will speak to you more and more.

Because that's what my poems are. They are all but stories.

 They are all but stories