•CHAPTER 8•

In no time, I realized that I love to wear beautiful dresses, looking pretty and all, but I definitely hate to attend ball wearing a bright smile on my face saying fake pleasantries

In no time, I realized that I love to wear beautiful dresses, looking pretty and all, but I definitely hate to attend ball wearing a bright smile on my face saying fake pleasantries. Thank God, I am a vampire otherwise these people would have killed me later; my heels would have done the honor first.

And it seems, I am not the only one. Seeing how the fake smile on Kol's face is crumbling at the speed of vampire eye, it's only matter of time before someone become the entertainment source of Kol and considering how we are heading towards Mayor of Mystic Fall with Damon Salvatore standing beside her, it's going to be soon.

When I caught the eye of eldest Salvatore, I showed a fake confused expression followed by recognition. After all, I hit the Salvatore's brother on my first day in this world. And if I ignored them like they don't exist, it would make me look like a stuck up bitch and to that, there response will be 'What do you expect from a Mikaelson?'

And so, I gave a small not-so-obvious-fake smile for which I received a short nod with a close lipped smile as greeting. Now it's my turn to say: What do you expect from Scooby Gang?

"Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met," Kol smirked, grabbing her hand, "Kol Mikaelson." He introduced, kissing her hand.

"Your town is very beautiful," I smiled, dragging her attention to me, "just like its mayor." Who doesn't love compliment? And I wasn't wrong because she smiled back at me and unlike her plastered smile, this smile seems genuine.

Putting an arm around my shoulder, Kol introduced me "This is Anastasia Mikaelson, my little sister."

"Not so little" I muttered under my breath which I am sure he and even Damon heard seeing the amusement in his eyes and slight quirk of his lips. But my fictional brother royally ignored my comment and continued, "I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it."

It seems Damon can't stay a moment without receiving attention because next moment, he held out his hand to shake Kol's hand, "Damon Salvatore," the eldest Salvatore introduced himself, "Have we met?"

Smiling at Carol Lockwood, Kol replied, "I've met a lot of people." Turning to Damon, he continued, "And you don't particularly stand out." That's how we walked out with Kol's arm still around my shoulder.

~•

"What was that?" Kol asked, turning his attention on me after our long intense silence. It seems we walked for a while because we are in garden now.

"What?" I frowned, obviously not understanding what he is talking about.

"What what?" Kol said, raising his eyebrow questioningly.

What the hell is going on in his head? Is it some sort of competition in which I will say odd times 'What' and he will say it even times?

"Can you please talk human language? Or better say 'Vampire' language," I groaned, using air-quotation marks.