•CHAPTER 10•

While Kol and I were talking in the balcony, Matt walks past us, getting the attention of the devil

"Don't" I ordered him without delay. I don't want him to destroy all my efforts I put throughout this evening.

"What?" He asked in a faux innocent tone, even though his eyes are dancing with mischief and a slight smirk quirked at the edges of his lips.

I know he knows that I know what he is thinking.

"I know that look, Kol. So, no." I said sternly, causing him to pout at his sister's without mercy rejection, "Think like this," I began in a persuasive tone, blocking his view, "the adventure we're going to have is going to be more fun than this trivial thing," I muttered softly, making a secret sign.

And that's how I distracted Kol from breaking Matt's bone and indirectly gifting him plaster shackle for his hand.

But it seems his hand is destined to be broken, be it by Kol or... Damon.

Third POV:

"Damon!" Stefan exclaimed, running out of the door with Elena and the rest of the Mikaelson, excluding Anastasia and Kol, following behind to see what happened.

Looking at Matt, who was crying in pain in his knees, holding his hand, he whispered, "Are you crazy?"

"Maybe a little," Damon said, looking at Elena, "Far it be from me to cause a problem," casting one last look at everyone, he turned his back and walked away.

~

Caroline enters her room with a phone in her ear, leaving a message for Tyler after having dropped Matt to Mystic Grill from hospital. She has been doing this from some days, not getting any call or message in return.

"Tyler, it's me." She began, taking a seat in front of her dressing table, "Look, I'm grateful for what you're doing, but...I miss you...and I really wish you were here."

She keeps quiet for a few seconds before hanging up with a sigh. She looks in her dresser mirror and notices a black round box with white ribbon, another present from Klaus, on her bed.

Caroline was expecting another set of jewelry. So you can guess her surprise when she found rolled-up piece of paper. Opening it, she was amazed. It's a beautiful and detailed sketch of her and a horse, and at the right corner, there is one line words.

Thank you for your honesty, Klaus

Looking at the sketch, she remembers the 'conversation' she had with the youngest Mikaelson.

"...try to find the back-story against whom you're acting even if the said person is villain in your eyes."

"Hero, Villain, all this, keeps on changing. It depends on who is telling the story."