Chapter 7

D:: Yea I'm listening
S:: Dev ... I know I can trust you and I do plan to be with you all my life... that's why I felt I should talk to you about our future
D:: okay
S:: Dev, I want to go to New York to do a fashion designing course and its for a year.....
Dev almost choked in his own saliva, that was like the biggest shock which he was not ready for.
S:: Dev are you okay?
D:: Yea I'm fine, so you were saying something
S:: yes!! I want to go to New York I really want to do the course, I know mom dad will be mad but if you tell them then they will let me go.
D:: you want me to tell them that you want to go to US for a year?
S:: I mean I will tell them but they want us to get married and I feel it will be more difficult to do all these things after marriage. I don't want to divide myself like this where I'm not able to concentrate, if I'm doing this course I want to focus on this and when I'm married I want to focus on marriage
D:: so you think you won't be able to focus on your education or your courses if you are married? Or is it me you feel that I will have some problems or won't be helpful?
S:: Dev it's not like that, I'm not saying you will stop me for anything but I want to put complete focus on one thing
D:: what if someone wants to help you to focus?
S:: Dev I trust you but I'm not ready for marriage.
D:: is it marriage itself or marriage now?
S:: I don't know
Dev felt broken, his heart was aching but as he promised that he won't force her for anything he swallowed the pain and agreed to talk to her parents Sona was very happy she completely forgot that Dev wanted to say something.
Dev came back home and didn't talk to anyone, he went straight to his room and his mom noticed that. later at night his mom came to his room
Maa:: Dev, can I come in?
D:: Maa you dont have to ask to come in my room
Maa:: I just didn't want to disturb you
D:: Maa are you crazy? Please sit down and tell me what happened?
Maa:: what happened? Hmmm don't you think I should be asking you that?
Dev suddenly felt flustered he started stammering
Maa:: Dev beta what happened you can tell your Maa May be I can help. Everything okay with you and Sona?
D:: Yea maa everything's okay and she is fine too
Maa:: then why do I feel you are hiding something from me
D:: Maa..... actually Maa ....
Maa:: it's okay beta,  relax come sit with me
D:: Maa, Sona wants to go to USA for a year for some fashion designing course
Maa:: and?
D:: she is not ready for marriage
Maa:: did she say anything else?
D:: Maa how much more do I have to wait? I wonder what I mean to her? I know I'm not her priority but am I even in the list?
He starts weeping and hugs his mother, his mom at first didn't know what to say how to console her son how to calm him down. Then she felt it's time to be honest and tell him things the way it is.
Maa:: Dev, beta you know sometimes we don't value things that we get easy or that we have on our life. I know you have been waiting but look she did fall for you she does love you. But it my sound cliche but whatever happens, happens for good.
D:: so even you think her leaving for USA is good?
Maa:: no I didn't mean that, but you know Sona knows you will be there for her she somehow took you granted which she doesn't realize. I'm not saying that's bad I'm proud of you that you give her enough love to make her feel so secure. Now if she goes to USA it will actually be her test more than yours. Once she goes to USA she will be alone and then she will value the time spent with you she will value your presence. Give her a chance to miss you. Let her come to you let her make you her priority just the way you made her yours.
D:: but Maa I'm scared, if she doesn't miss me or she doesn't feel any difference without me, if she doesn't come back to me?
Maa:: then Dev you will have to accept it and move on. Would you like to be with someone who doesn't love you or value you? And ofcourse you can't force someone to love you.
D:: but Maa I love her
M:: love is unconditional so don't tie her in any kind of bond that she feel suffocated and later you feel betrayed. Let her free let her go, if she comes back then it means she was yours and if she doesn't then she was never meant to be yours.
D:: Maa !!!
M:: don't worry Dev I'm very sure she will come back to you and this time she will come back because she will miss you she will make you her priority.
D:: you think so?
M:: I'm very sure.... you think anyone can ever forget my son? My son who loves like no one does.
Dev places his head on his mom's lap and his mom comforts him.
As promised Dev talks to Sona's parents, even though they are worried and upset about Sona's decision but they felt it was only right to let Sona go. Soon Sona enrolled herself in the course and her paper work was done and in a flash three months passed. In these past few months Sona got so used to Dev so much that it felt so abnormal not to have Dev next to her, he has been her shadow. Sona loved getting all the attention she was very happy to have Dev as her boyfriend and in return she loved him too, she was really in love with Dev now and she felt it was normal to have Dev around and for Dev he was always there because he knew the next one year will be very difficult he wanted to spend as much time as possible, Dev made sure to cherish every minute with her even though Sona never gave him surety that she will marry him right after she comes back, she just said let time decide our fate.
The day before she was leaving she came to Dev's place to see everyone and also spend some time with Dev, some of his cousins were there too, everyone loved Dev and now they all loved Sona. After spending some time with the family Sona went to Dev's room.
D:: oh you are back!! You girls can really talk..
S:: seriously Dev?!! Why did you come here
D:: don't tell me you were so busy talking that you didn't hear me say that I got a call from office I need to take the call
S:: what you said that? (She laughs thinking that really girls do talk a lot)
D:: so you packed everything?
S:: Yea I think so
D:: ready to leave?
S:: hmmm I'm excited
D:: I'm excited for you
S:: awww baby you are the sweetest. Are you going to miss me?
Dev's eyes were brimming with tears he nodded saying no and turned his face.
S:: Dev? Dev? Common look at me.... Dev please!!
Sona had to force him to look at her, she felt bad seeing him so upset, she just realized that she was excited but she didn't think about him.
S:: Dev !!! Baby you are crying?
Everything she asked and he nodded No, after few questions and after he nodded No to everything she asked
S:: do you love me?
This time he didn't nod but a tear rolled down his cheek, Sona didn't want to push it too hard, she just pulled him to a hug, Dev couldn't control his tears, he put his head on her shoulder and weeped in silence, Sona's excitement was overpowering all her emotions, she knew she was going to miss Dev and everyone else but she was just excited about her course and fulfilling her dreams. She loves Dev a lot but she still didn't realize the importance of his existence in her life. But she was not insensitive not to understand Dev's emotions, she was feeling bad for Dev she wanted to make him happy before she left.
Due to Sona's previous relationship she always avoided getting too physically intimate and Dev has never forced her or even asked her. Even though they've been dating five months but the most they have done is kiss each other. Sona has come to Dev's house so many times they spent hours in his room she would literally fold his clothes and clean his room like a wife, even feed him sometimes but somehow she just couldn't go far with the physical intimacy. Today Dev so wanted her to be closer than normal but he controlled himself. But he did kiss her and kiss her passionately, he placed his forehead on hers
D:: I lied, I'm going to miss you a lot
As he said that his tears kept rolling down his cheeks uncontrollably Sona kissed his cheeks, she almost sucked his tears but today her kisses didn't stop it went further down it went all the way to his neck and lower all the way to his chest and leaving a hickey on the left side of his chest, surprising Dev little bit. She kissed her way back to his chin, Dev looked at her, his eyes were dilated for the first time she saw Sona like this. Sona unbuttoned her shirt as Dev couldn't believe his eyes, she lay herself back on the bed and stretched her arms out gesturing Dev to come, he didn't want to do anything that he is not suppose to but what Sona was doing made him feel special. He lay on top of her little nervous waiting for Sona to tell him what to do, she smirked a bit finding him too innocent and sweet she kissed him and he was happy to kiss her but he didn't think that she would take his hand and place it on her warm firm breast, for a second he stopped kissing and looked at her almost questioning her, she caressed his face and smiled she arched her back pushing herself closer to his mouth as she pushed him towards her chest. He moved the shirt from her bosom and he saw how beautiful she was inside her shirt. She was wearing a white netted Victoria secret bra. As he pressed her mound she pulled his head close to her neck and he peppered kisses all over her neck and went down to her chest now she was breathing hard he kissed her breast on top of the bra and she was breathing harder now, he pushed her bra little bit holding her breast in his hand and slowly kissed her nipples and slowing sucking on to her. Sona moaned softly as she ran her fingers through his hair as he kissed one side he kneaded the other side. He left a mark on her breast and kissed her all over and covered her breast with her shirt. But he still kissed her neck and her lips, Dev felt like a kid who was given a big bar of chocolate right before bed, he smiled and hid his face in the crook of her neck.
S:: I love you Dev
D:: I love you more (he nuzzled his nose on her neck)
S:: look at me
D:: hmmm uhh
S:: I want you to look into my eyes and listen to me
Atlast he looked at her but now he wasn't crying anymore, Sona smiled and pecked his lips, as she brushed his hair with her fingers
S:: Dev I really love you and nothing can change that, I want to love myself to love you more. I have no doubt about you but I want to be perfect for you I don't want to have any self doubt. You understand me right?
D:: hmmmm I think I can little bit but may be little bit more of what we did will help me little bit more (he gave a big smile)
S:: really mister?
Sona pushed him as he rolled over she laid on top of him and bit him on his chest he winced a bit as she grazed her teeth on his skin and bit his lower lip. Today Sona was totally in a different mood Dev was getting shocks after shocks
S:: now do you understand
Dev just nodded his head as he was still shocked
S:: Dev I trust you I just want you to trust me.
Dev moving her hair from her face with his finger looked at her. He looked calm and he looked into her eyes and said
D:: Sona I want you to know it and believe it that I trust you with my heart and soul.
After that they hugged each other for a long time and later he dropped her home.
Next day it was Sona's flight Dev went to the airport to see her off and ofcourse he cried more than her own family that her family had to console him more than Sona.
Next few months passed and it was very difficult for Dev some how he just couldn't control his emotions. He has been so strong all this time but now it seems he just couldn't handle it. This was making Sona paranoid she was missing him too but she really wanted to concentrate on her course and not think too much of a crying boyfriend but she knew he loved her a lot. After 4 months Dev said he wanted to come visit her, Sona tried to explain that if he comes then it will be same as staying back home she wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything. Dev kept on pestering her for few days even though she tried explaining to him nicely many times but somehow Dev wasn't ready. After a certain point of time Sona felt suffocated she felt Dev was getting very possessive. Even though she knew Dev was nothing like how he was behaving, she knew Dev waited for so long and it was only five months they started dating and she came here so he is getting desperate. But still she just felt Dev was not being rational.
Video call::
D:: Sona why can't you understand sweetie, I won't disturb you or bother you, I'll just stay there and spend some time with you that's it.
S:: Dev why do you say the same thing everyday? I think I explained it many times. I told you I need to know myself I need to do it on my own. Why are you being so clingy
D:: Sona I'm sorry if you feel that way but I just want to come and be with you.
S:: Dev!! I don't know why are you being so possessive?
D:: jaan I'm not being possessive please listen to me... I'm not going to come now I will come when you are not busy I mean during.....
(Sona just cut him before he could finish his sentence)
S:: you know what Dev you are making me suffocate, you are not giving me space. Last one month you are stuck in one thing. Let me breathe!!!
Suddenly Dev felt hurt he just felt a stab in his heart he felt humiliated
D:: I make you feel suffocated?
(Sona didn't realize that Dev was really hurt.)
S:: yes Dev that's how I'm feeling you are not letting me breathe, I'm not able to do anything. I need some space
D:: I'm sorry!!! I really didn't realize that I make you feel this way. I was just missing you.
S:: I miss you too Dev but that doesn't mean I'll just do everything that you don't want me to do.
D:: I'm sorry! I didn't mean to suffocate you and I'm not even a person who would forced himself on someone and not give space. Sona from now on I will only talk to you when you come back. I don't ever want you to feel I didn't let you know yourself or give you a chance to love yourself. Neither I want to be the reason for any shortcomings in our relationship. I waited for long and I can wait another 8 months and after 8 months if you feel you want to be with me then you will find me waiting for you and if you don't feel like being with me then I will never bother you.
S:: Okay fine I think that's a better option
(Sona really didn't think Dev was serious, she was being sarcastic but Dev took everything to heart)
D:: right, from today I will not call you and neither I will answer your call or messages. I don't want to be weak seeing you again so I hope you won't call me too?
S:: don't worry I won't call.
D:: okay take care bye
That was the last day Dev called Sona. Next few days Dev did not call her neither did she.... Dev was hurt but this time he was preparing himself for worst, he cried to sleep almost every night. At first he didn't tell anyone what happened. A week passed by and now Sona started thinking about that day, she really didn't think Dev was serious. Dev didn't call her one week now and he didn't even reply to her messages. She tried calling and he didn't answer, that made her angry and she said forget it he will soon call me. Another few days went by but he did not call, by now she started missing him. She started realizing that every night she would come home and call him which was india time early morning but he never complained, she would talk about all her problems and still he would listen, he made sure he took care of everything she would ask him to do without any complaints in return all he wanted was just to see her for few days and she yelled at him. When she thought about that days conversation she felt bad because she remembered all the words she used. She cursed herself for calling him possessive and saying he was making her feel suffocated and he doesn't give her space. She felt guilty she was angry she couldn't believe she said all that to a person who loves her unconditionally, who only helped her with everything even coming to America was possible because of him. Sona frantically started calling him but his phone was switched off. She called her sister in law because she knew if she says what happened to her mom then her mom will be angry with her. When she called her sister in law she didn't tell her anything about the fight. Instead she was just asking random things and if they have visited Dev's family recently or not, so her sister in law said
SIL:: Yea we met Dev yesterday he came to ask if we need anything London. He looked very sad, is everything okay?
S:: Yea everything is fine.
SIL:: then I guess he was stressed about his business, he was saying he has so many meetings in one week that he won't even have time to visit any place and once he comes back he has to go with his Dadi to Singapore for some medical purpose. Sona seriously you are so lucky Dev is such a sweetheart he takes care of everyone. But he really misses you he was planning to go to America this December, he was saying he didn't want to disturb you so he will go when you get two weeks break for Christmas and New Years, but I think he has some business issues coming up so I guess he canceled his plan then he said not to say anything to you coz he didn't want to upset you. He was very sad that he can't go. Please don't tell him I told you then he will be upset with me for making you upset. Sona you must be upset that he can't come during your off. Sorry Sona I didn't mean to hurt you. Did you talk to him?
S:: no I didn't get through his phone
SIL:: when did you call? He left for his flight two hours back I'm sure his phone is off now.
S:: ok bhabi I'll talk to you later bye
Now Sona was getting desperate to talk to him but he kept his phone off he even deactivated his messenger. He wasn't checking his WhatsApp. After a week when he came back to India as he wasn't answering his phone she called his mom and his mom came and gave him the phone saying That Sona is trying to call she can't get through his line so she called in her phone. Now he didn't have any choice but to talk.
D:: hello
S:: Dev!! Thank God!! I've been trying to call you last so many days. What's wrong with you? Why aren't you calling or answering my call.
D:: I think I told you that day, I will talk to you only when you are done with your course
S:: Dev please what's wrong with you? That day I was angry I'm sorry!!
D:: Sona you are right I was not giving you space and it was me who said I trust you and I wanted you to know yourself it was me who said I will wait you can take your time but I don't know what happened that I got desperate.
S:: Dev please listen
D:: no Sona!! I will talk to you only when you are done with your course that too only if you are ready to talk. I'm pretty sure you are taking care of yourself pls do Coz I do get worried. I don't want to be nosey but I do get stressed out and please don't say anything to any of our family because you don't want to stress them out. You take care, I love you bye.....
Sona had no clue Dev can be so stubborn, but this time Sona was really feeling bad and she still tried calling but Dev wouldn't answer. That month passed that way and Sona started getting restless.....

Hi everyone!! Sorry for late update I've been very busy. I will soon update my other story too pls have patience. Till then let me know how u liking this story and don't forget to vote❤️