First Mission

A/U: So what did you guys think? Those girls can really pack a punch! I hope you guys keep reading! It means a lot to me! Anyways, time for a photo of Sige, their mentor! Enjoy this next chapter!

Camilla's P.O.V.

  I couldn't sleep last night from the excitement of Ethna, Cassandra, and my mission. Sige said that the best way to grow stronger is to get out there and get the experience. He is starting us off in a little bit more challenging enviorment though. We're actually traveling there right now; Mt. Siz. I'm listening to Ethna argue with Sige about tactics in fighting while Cassandra is taking in every word he says. She needs to calm down.

 " We're almost to the base of Mt. Siz. I came along in case you guys begin to struggle, even though I doubt you will. Just give it your all and try to make it all the way to the top. You'll get plenty of experience in one go." 
  We stood at the entrance with fear. It was pitch black inside. I almost backed out until Cassandra made her armor glow. I guess there is a advantage to having a fire type!

"Everyone stay close. I'll be waiting here for you all once you're done."

Ethna nodded to Sige and grabbed Cassandra and my hand. Well here we go.

Ethna's P.O.V.

Entering through the dark entrance we were surrounded by dimly lit hallways. Small candles aline the walls with a purple flame. The ceiling is tall, almost like a cathedral. As we get futher in a large staircase lies at the end of the room.

"Well we better get going!" I grin to the girls.

I see both of them holding each other in terror. I don't understand why the girls look so nervous. We're just in a castle that was built into an active volcano. I'm never one to shy away from a challenge so obviously I like the danger. Yet, something does feel weird about this place and I'm curious as to what it is. We climb the stairs and reach a wide corridor.

"Ethna..there's someone up ahead.." Cassandra whispers.

I squint my eyes to get a better look and see a small skeleton walking around. He hadn't noticed us yet so we could catch him by surprise. I grip my sythe and look at Cassandra and Camilla.

"This is it. Don't hold back alright?"

They nod and unsheathe their weapons. I power up and charge forward at the skeleton as it slowly turns around. I jump and swing my sythe down on it's head as it's body falls apart. It seemed to easy to defeat him. I spoke too soon as the ground began to shake and his bones rolled back into the darkness. The candles burst into a brighter flame and illuminated the entire corridor. The skeleton bones rolled into a pile of more skeletons as they began spinning in an invisible whirlpool. I feel Camilla behind me as we watch what forms. A giant death reaper appears with a sythe 10x bigger than my own.

"Watch out!"

I turn around and see Cassandra preparing to fire her arrows so I get out of the way as fast as I can. She pulls back the arrows and lauches them straight toward the reapers eye. It hit!!

Only a moment passes by as I see Camilla rushing toward the reaper and slashing him with her lance. It's amazing how only a moment ago they were both in fear but now that they are fighting, they have more heart and bravery than ever. I can't happen but to smile and join them. As the reaper swings his sythe at Camilla I jump on her back and land on his arm. With all the energy I have I run toward his face and use my power attack from practice. I leap in the air and swing my sythe, sending a blast of wind that slowly crushes his skull.

The reaper falls to the ground and disintegrates before us.

"Well that was extremely fun!" I jump around and swing my sythe over my shoulder. "Did you guys see me? I was awesome!"

I turn around and notice Cassandra is leaning over an unconscious Camilla. I rush over and notice a large cut through her armor. Blood pours through as Cassandra turns to me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"What happened?! Your little stunt jumping on her back made it so she couldn't avoid the reapers attack!"

Cassandra's P.O.V.

  I carry Camilla out of the castle without another word to Ethna. I thought she was different. I was wrong. She only cared about herself. All I can hope is that Sige can help Camilla before she completely bleeds out.

Sige rushed to us once he saw Camilla's state. Fear filled his eyes, something I never saw from such a serious person.

"How long has she been like this?"

"Probably 20 minutes now. Why?"

"She was hit with a death touch attack. If we don't get her to a healer now, her health will decrease to 0 and we won't be able to revive her!"

I could feel my eyes watering up again. I only knew Camilla for a short time and yet I still felt attached to her. I care about her and don't want to lose my teammate.

I clench my fist and look over at Ethna who is waiting on the transport platform. I walk over to her and grab her collar.

"Listen here. If Camilla doesn't survive this, you better know that you won't be either."