CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

Season 1 Episode 2 - Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil

3rd POV:

Ravana Lowell and Lucifer Morningstar walk along the streets of LA; Ravana is holding shopping bags as Lucifer accompanies her on her little shopping trip for new clothes and items for her dogs. "Lucifer, why did you want to come with me? You've done nothing but complain as I've shopped." Ravana asks, and he smiles, taking a couple of the bags.

"Well, Maze was driving me up the wall, and I wanted some fresh air

"Well, Maze was driving me up the wall, and I wanted some fresh air." He answers her but leaves out the part about wanting to spend time with her alone.

"Save your soul! It's up to you! I ask you to repent! Repent your sins before it is too late! It is the end of times! The Devil walks among us!" A man yells into a microphone attached to him.

"Padre, you have no idea how right you are." Lucifer chuckles, gaining the man's attention; Ravana rolls her eyes as she stands next to him. "But there's no need to be angry about it. Enjoy the ride." A sucker places a dollar bill into his jug as he passes.

"Bless you. Have you seen the face of the Devil?" The man questions and points in Lucifer's direction, who plays into it.

"Oh, every morning in the mirror, pal." He replies.

"Exactly! He's in all of us!" He continues, not fazed by Lucifer's comment.

"Yeah, he sleeps with most of them," Ravana grumbles, and Lucifer hears her but doesn't hear the jealous undertone.

"In our every moment of weakness. Look at this world! The sin, the lust! It is the Devil's touch."

"N-n-no, don't give me credit for all that. You, humans, do plenty all on your own." Lucifer says, and the man moves the microphone making it squeal; Ravana cringes from her heightened senses.

"What's your problem, pal?" The man asks Lucifer with a sigh moving his arm around, playing the part still.

"Excuse me?" Lucifer questions, not seeing the problem.

"Yeah, uh, why don't you move your shtick along. Okay, I'm not sharing my tips with you, if that's what you're angling for." He warns him, and Lucifer seems to understand.

"Oh. Right. Is this a performance?" He asks the man.

"Are you like the Chewbacca and the Spider-man down the street?" Ravana asks him as she looks him up and down.

"I have to say you're very good." Lucifer comments, but Ravana shakes her head at him.

"Yeah, so why don't you go bother them. You're bad for my business." He tells the Devil and places his microphone back to his mouth. "Repent! The Devil-" He goes back to his little show.

"-isn't finished with you yet. You see, what I hate more than anything is a liar, a charlatan, someone who doesn't believe in what they say." Lucifer grows angry at the man who steps down from his little stage.